Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Georgia fans taking it hard again...

I was in the upper deck in the Georgia endzone, surrounded by Dawg fans. All of them were great.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Great read...been on that bus and it isn't fun. My Georgia friends were classy!
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Georgia fans taking it hard again...

The doggy fans haven't changed a bit. I remember in the 2000s when they came to Ttown when I was in school there. All a bunch of prima donnas with a sense of football entitlement, except without the resume to back it up. They haven't changed one bit.

UGa was yesterday exactly what they are and always have been...a second place team at best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I do dislike bandwagon, exaggerated media. All you can do is fail. Cecil Hurt and the T-Town News tell it like it is. I was born in Atlanta, off of Chamblee Tucker Road and then to Lilburn and finally St. Simons Island before I left for UA.
    cecil has long been one of my favorites.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Haven't been around a single thUGA fan, since I moved to Texas. Thanks for reminding me how little I am missing. Not much has changed in 40 years................
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcabama View Post
    Would have been a perfect opportunity for Richt to say what I believe to be true, that he blew it by not having Murray spike the ball and give himself two shots at the endzone with a settled team. Like Richt okay but this wasn't a Murray mistake by any stretch of the imagination. He played a great game.
    Watch the replay (and you may already know) Murry was signaling to the sideline that he wanted to spike the ball. The sideline said no evidently.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I grew up there as well and have the opposite experience. Yes, they can be obnoxious and if you think our fan base doesn't occasionally appear that way to others ... well ... what can I say? They love their GA football and, like we do, live and die on Saturdays every fall. True they don't have the history of success we have but who the heck does? I can tell you this, I don't know any Dawg fans that will be pulling for Notre Dame in January ... once they get over a little butt-hurt.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coach Sabans unpopular hunch to go for 2 turned out huge for us. I would not have liked our odds in overtime. Sometimes it's a gut feeling over a rule about chasing points, and the good coaches get it right more often than not. The fake would have worked too if not for letting time run out. That one hurt. But going for 2 was a game changer.
    Not a hunch at all. Remember the rolled up paper that was always in coach Bryant's hand on the sideline? It was a list of things to do in what situations. #1 on the list? When down or up by 5 or 12 - go for two.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    Not a hunch at all. Remember the rolled up paper that was always in coach Bryant's hand on the sideline? It was a list of things to do in what situations. #1 on the list? When down or up by 5 or 12 - go for two.
    Yes I know about the lists that are based on the best percentages of various things and keep many coaches from making statistically unsound decisions. I do not believe Coach Saban went by a scientific list, but the gut.

Here's the loaded question I thought was inappropriate immediately after the game before the players had even left the locker room. The media member, I just found out, is Check Olivier a typical pot stirring radio host at 680. His inclusion of Murray crossed the line in College football. imo

Last edited by CapstoneTider; December 3rd, 2012 at 06:45 AM.

BamaNation All-SEC Proxigean Tide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know about the list, but I don't believe this was on it and if it was probably said it was too early.
    Ha ha ...CT you are way too funny! RTR.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yes I know about the list, but I don't believe this was on it and if it was probably said it was too early.

Here's the loaded question I thought was inappropriate immediately after the game before the players had even left the locker room. The media member, I just found out, is Check Olivier a typical pot stirring radio host at 680. His inclusion of Murray crossed the line in College football. imo

I enjoy listening to Chuck and believe he's right on with his knowledge and analysis. This here though was foolish and without class. He was extremely thick-headed to even bring it up. If anyone now says Aaron Murray is not a big game QB, they have no credibility. The kid stepped up. Hats off and congrats to him.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proxigean Tide View Post
    Ha ha ...CT you are way too funny! RTR.
    Thanks Nawlings

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I enjoy listening to Chuck and believe he's right on with his knowledge and analysis. This here though was foolish and without class. He was extremely thick-headed to even bring it up. If anyone now says Aaron Murray is not a big game QB, they have no credibility. The kid stepped up. Hats off and congrats to him.
    They certainly didn't lose because of Murray. Just a bad question at the wrong time.