Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Georgia fans taking it hard again...

Not only is it an unnecessary jab at AM - who played a whale of a game - but it's also a bit of a slap in the face of Alabama to suggest that UGA lost because AM 'lost the big games' instead of crediting Bama for playing well.

An all around classless and stupid question - by asking, Oliver comes across as someone who is clueless about college football.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    They certainly didn't lose because of Murray. Just a bad question at the wrong time.
    As someone who spent nine years on the reporting/editorial side of newspapers, I think the question was chicken poop. The reporter should have had the gonads, as Richt suggested, to ask the question - by prefacing the question with fans say, etc. is garbage. Tells me a lot about the the reporter - on the playground we would question his manhood. If you had a question, ask it! Don't beat around the bush.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaTide57 View Post
    As someone who spent nine years on the reporting/editorial side of newspapers, I think the question was chicken poop. The reporter should have had the gonads, as Richt suggested, to ask the question - by prefacing the question with fans say, etc. is garbage. Tells me a lot about the the reporter - on the playground we would question his manhood. If you had a question, ask it! Don't beat around the bush.
    Agree 100%. He was trying to be controversial with his question, to gain some street cred, but he wasn't man enough to ask the question, instead couching it in the "some fans say.....". Dude, if you don't have the stones to ask the question then shut your trap is what I thought the minute a saw the press conference. I was actually proud of CMR for the way he handled it. Can you imagine what the scene would have been like if someone asked CNS that type of question?????

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    They should be proud of their guys. You can honestly say even though they were getting pounded they did not quit. For the most part after the game their fans were really polite to us and in our hotel there are a lot of them walking around saying congratulations and what a great game.
    Like every fan base...theres good and bad ones.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    ajc is a homer paper for georgia. today they are busy gushing how proud they are of the team for almost winning.
    It is the Atlanta Journal Constitution, isnt it?
    Of course it will be a pro Georgia paper...and the game I watched showed to heavyweights slugging it out...
    in my mind, that was an instant classic....a very tight, back and forth game that went down to the final seconds...

and, the right team won it in the end!

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    Not a hunch at all. Remember the rolled up paper that was always in coach Bryant's hand on the sideline? It was a list of things to do in what situations. #1 on the list? When down or up by 5 or 12 - go for two.
    I thought it was a rolled up newspaper for whupping bad Dawgs.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I have a good friend here in GA who is a Georgia fan and I haven't even been able to kid around with him. He's been offended at everything I've said and I'm not even close to gloating or talking smack. I seriously thought he would handle it better. I think I would but who knows. They do seem to be taking it very, very personal.

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

The two or three I've talked to this morning have been congratulatory and good sports about it, but other than that, my office has been visitor-less today. Caught some grief about it yesterday at church, but nothing more than "Well, you're brave wearing that [Bama] shirt in downtown" (the church is in downtown), talking about key plays, and them wishing us good luck against ND.
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -Linus van Pelt.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Yes I know about the lists that are based on the best percentages of various things and keep many coaches from making statistically unsound decisions. I do not believe Coach Saban went by a scientific list, but the gut.
    100% agree. I never remember Saban going for 2 in the third quarter before. But with the way the game was going, it was one of those situations where Coach knew the Dawgs were going to score some more points, and to win we were going to have to take some chances to get the edge. Like going for it on a 4th down instead of kicking an easy FG because you know kicking field goals isn't going to cut it. If we had last year's defense, I think Saban calls for the extra point and wins the game on defense. This game was won primarily by the offensive line, Eddie Lacy, and TJ Yeldon.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I was in Epcot when the game was played - walking around and "watching" the game on my smartphone. I spoke to many fans from both Alabama and Georgia before, during and after the game. Most from both programs were very positive and supportive of both their program and the opposition's.

After the game, I only ran across one GA fan who wasn't happy to talk about the heartbreaking game.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My boss is a GA fan. Interestingly, he has gone out of his way to congratulate me on every Bama win this year....except this one. I had to bring it up, and he wasn't the least bit ready to talk about it. They are taking it very hard!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrThor View Post
    100% agree. I never remember Saban going for 2 in the third quarter before. But with the way the game was going, it was one of those situations where Coach knew the Dawgs were going to score some more points, and to win we were going to have to take some chances to get the edge. Like going for it on a 4th down instead of kicking an easy FG because you know kicking field goals isn't going to cut it. If we had last year's defense, I think Saban calls for the extra point and wins the game on defense. This game was won primarily by the offensive line, Eddie Lacy, and TJ Yeldon.
    Gary made a an obvious but good comment when he said that the last team with the ball was probably going to win, and that about happened! Georgia answered just about all night, which is why I find criticizing Murray crazy. And I agree, Coach Saban made it easy on the defense on the last drive having to score a TD. I bet coach Saban wanted no part of OT

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've had the congrats on the game UGA fans and the still whining about the hit on Murray UGA fans here at work. The later being to the point of annoying. Doesn't really help that 680 The Fan here is chumming up the water for them calling for the SEC to suspend Dial for the BCSNCG.