Georgia fans taking it hard again...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
i wasn't using homer as a perjorative. some of the ajc folks went into the season a little skeptical on richt, but after florida, they were trying to say he was as good as saban and weren't questioning him at all.

i agree with you on their excuse making. with the teams they have to report on, its about the only way they can be ;)
I do dislike bandwagon, exaggerated media. All you can do is fail. Cecil Hurt and the T-Town News tell it like it is. I was born in Atlanta, off of Chamblee Tucker Road and then to Lilburn and finally St. Simons Island before I left for UA.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
i wasn't using homer as a perjorative. some of the ajc folks went into the season a little skeptical on richt, but after florida, they were trying to say he was as good as saban and weren't questioning him at all.

i agree with you on their excuse making. with the teams they have to report on, its about the only way they can be ;)
My brother in law was the biggest of UGA fans. Could tell you some stories about Heyward Allen and his dealership in Athens. :wink:
But even he would not read the AJC because you could not get an honest opinion on UGA or the rest of the SEC. He used to say that UGA must be ranked number 1 and a power house by reading the AJC. Granted this was the day of Furman Bisher having a major role in articles.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Mark Richt, his staff and the UGA Dawgs have nothing to be ashamed of or make excuses for. CMR is a great coach and UGA is lucky to have him as their HC. Likewise, every member of the UGA team played their hearts out and left it all on the field.
As many of us have said, that game went down to the final play, and it could just as well have been the Tide who were left licking their wounds and commiserating in the loss.
As it is, I feel honored to have watched such a tremendous game played out by two such talented and dedicated teams.

"A game for the ages"? You betcha. RTR
Bama Reb,

I agree. I'm sure glad that I'm happy and they are the ones that are sad today, but the shoe could have been on the other foot. After the late 1990 and early to mid 2000's, I was just sick from Dubose, et al. We SUFFERED for several years because of bad decisions by the GOB's. Thank God Mal Moore hired the very BEST!!!!!!!

I do believe in my heart and soul that the BEST team won this "game for the ages".

Richt made some good calls last night, like that 4th down pass from punt formation. He made a few bad ones like at the end of the game. Wasn't Murray motioning to the sidelines, asking if the coaches wanted him to spike the ball? It looked like it to me. He seems to be a heady player.

Coach Saban had a few bad decisions also, but at halftime he made a GREAT one. We gonna run it down their throats. That must have made Mr. Fluker very happy. However, I could not believe some of the incredible runs that were made by Lacey and Yeldon. There was some great blocking, but there was also some great determination in the runs made by both running backs. And Omari Cooper's cathces, especially the last one was just icing on the Crimson Tide cake.

No one is perfect. However, Coach Saban has to be VERY good to be able to accomplish what he has at Alabama and at LSWho.

I hope I never have to live through another coaching change, but if I/we do, we just need to hire the BEST coach in the USA and have all Bama fans contribute to the war chest. Winning never gets old when it comes to the Crimson Tide.

RTR

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
The doggy fans haven't changed a bit. I remember in the 2000s when they came to Ttown when I was in school there. All a bunch of prima donnas with a sense of football entitlement, except without the resume to back it up. They haven't changed one bit.

UGa was yesterday exactly what they are and always have been...a second place team at best!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I do dislike bandwagon, exaggerated media. All you can do is fail. Cecil Hurt and the T-Town News tell it like it is. I was born in Atlanta, off of Chamblee Tucker Road and then to Lilburn and finally St. Simons Island before I left for UA.
cecil has long been one of my favorites.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Haven't been around a single thUGA fan, since I moved to Texas. Thanks for reminding me how little I am missing. Not much has changed in 40 years................

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Would have been a perfect opportunity for Richt to say what I believe to be true, that he blew it by not having Murray spike the ball and give himself two shots at the endzone with a settled team. Like Richt okay but this wasn't a Murray mistake by any stretch of the imagination. He played a great game.
Watch the replay (and you may already know) Murry was signaling to the sideline that he wanted to spike the ball. The sideline said no evidently.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I grew up there as well and have the opposite experience. Yes, they can be obnoxious and if you think our fan base doesn't occasionally appear that way to others ... well ... what can I say? They love their GA football and, like we do, live and die on Saturdays every fall. True they don't have the history of success we have but who the heck does? I can tell you this, I don't know any Dawg fans that will be pulling for Notre Dame in January ... once they get over a little butt-hurt.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Coach Sabans unpopular hunch to go for 2 turned out huge for us. I would not have liked our odds in overtime. Sometimes it's a gut feeling over a rule about chasing points, and the good coaches get it right more often than not. The fake would have worked too if not for letting time run out. That one hurt. But going for 2 was a game changer.
Not a hunch at all. Remember the rolled up paper that was always in coach Bryant's hand on the sideline? It was a list of things to do in what situations. #1 on the list? When down or up by 5 or 12 - go for two.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Not a hunch at all. Remember the rolled up paper that was always in coach Bryant's hand on the sideline? It was a list of things to do in what situations. #1 on the list? When down or up by 5 or 12 - go for two.
Yes I know about the lists that are based on the best percentages of various things and keep many coaches from making statistically unsound decisions. I do not believe Coach Saban went by a scientific list, but the gut.

Here's the loaded question I thought was inappropriate immediately after the game before the players had even left the locker room. The media member, I just found out, is Check Olivier a typical pot stirring radio host at 680. His inclusion of Murray crossed the line in College football. imo

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Yes I know about the list, but I don't believe this was on it and if it was probably said it was too early.

Here's the loaded question I thought was inappropriate immediately after the game before the players had even left the locker room. The media member, I just found out, is Check Olivier a typical pot stirring radio host at 680. His inclusion of Murray crossed the line in College football. imo

I enjoy listening to Chuck and believe he's right on with his knowledge and analysis. This here though was foolish and without class. He was extremely thick-headed to even bring it up. If anyone now says Aaron Murray is not a big game QB, they have no credibility. The kid stepped up. Hats off and congrats to him.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I enjoy listening to Chuck and believe he's right on with his knowledge and analysis. This here though was foolish and without class. He was extremely thick-headed to even bring it up. If anyone now says Aaron Murray is not a big game QB, they have no credibility. The kid stepped up. Hats off and congrats to him.
They certainly didn't lose because of Murray. Just a bad question at the wrong time.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not only is it an unnecessary jab at AM - who played a whale of a game - but it's also a bit of a slap in the face of Alabama to suggest that UGA lost because AM 'lost the big games' instead of crediting Bama for playing well.

An all around classless and stupid question - by asking, Oliver comes across as someone who is clueless about college football.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
They certainly didn't lose because of Murray. Just a bad question at the wrong time.
As someone who spent nine years on the reporting/editorial side of newspapers, I think the question was chicken poop. The reporter should have had the gonads, as Richt suggested, to ask the question - by prefacing the question with fans say, etc. is garbage. Tells me a lot about the the reporter - on the playground we would question his manhood. If you had a question, ask it! Don't beat around the bush.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
As someone who spent nine years on the reporting/editorial side of newspapers, I think the question was chicken poop. The reporter should have had the gonads, as Richt suggested, to ask the question - by prefacing the question with fans say, etc. is garbage. Tells me a lot about the the reporter - on the playground we would question his manhood. If you had a question, ask it! Don't beat around the bush.
Agree 100%. He was trying to be controversial with his question, to gain some street cred, but he wasn't man enough to ask the question, instead couching it in the "some fans say.....". Dude, if you don't have the stones to ask the question then shut your trap is what I thought the minute a saw the press conference. I was actually proud of CMR for the way he handled it. Can you imagine what the scene would have been like if someone asked CNS that type of question?????

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.