Georgia fans taking it hard again...

dajbama

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2011
Quote from their forum.
"The final play is a symbol of what we are. In the end... we will do something bone-headed. Guaranteed."
Losing hurts.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Never disliked Dawgs until tonight. I had to work, unfortunately. Work at A Honda Plant in Georgia. Every time the Dawgs made a play, Gained a few yards or made a big hit, They were in my face, pointing barking and taunting.... at work!! I kept telling them it's just one play, act like you have been here before. They wouldn't let up. I finally had to say emphatically that I didn't give a damn about the game( which of course was a lie). they took the fun out of it!!! Worse fans I have ever been around.

I hope they never, ever win anything!!!

PS- stop buying Honda, working way to much!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I tell you what, back when richt was hired by uga they had some string of good fortune. When they beast us in 02 at BDS, that was a tough loss and then the following year david pollak tore us apart between the hedges, but since then they are 2 - 10 vs top 10, saw that last night. My point, when they beat us in 07 in ot, well that was tough to swallow, then came the blackout in 08, well, we own uga now! Richt was taken to school last night by the great equalizer!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Never disliked Dawgs until tonight. I had to work, unfortunately. Work at A Honda Plant in Georgia. Every time the Dawgs made a play, Gained a few yards or made a big hit, They were in my face, pointing barking and taunting.... at work!! I kept telling them it's just one play, act like you have been here before. They wouldn't let up. I finally had to say emphatically that I didn't give a damn about the game( which of course was a lie). they took the fun out of it!!! Worse fans I have ever been around.

I can agree with you about them being bad fans. It was because of their fans that gorgas library and most university buildings is now on lock down before and after games. A friend that works for ua back in 07 told me after the uga game, their fans blew up toilets and sinks in various buildings. I used to look forward to using the bathroom before I left or freshen up, now they have porta potty rows on that side of the quad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
There's several Georgia fans that I see around here on a daily basis; haven't seen 'em yet today. I hope that when I do see them that the conversation will be civil....

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

They sound like the Georgia fans that were in our section. I have never felt so good singing the fight song, specially "...go teach the bulldogs to behave..." They made me want to get back in their face, but class kept me from doing so.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
They should be proud of their guys. You can honestly say even though they were getting pounded they did not quit. For the most part after the game their fans were really polite to us and in our hotel there are a lot of them walking around saying congratulations and what a great game.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I plan on leaving my magnets and flags up all week after the trash talking they've done over here. Unlike them, I will show class and not say anything as I did last week. I had dinner with a friend last night and he pointed out how they've always looked down their noses at the state of Alabama. Take out the city of Atlanta and this state mirrors Alabama. Man, it's going to be a great week over here :)

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Did notice that myself. We went to Taco Mac in Douglasville -- I thought it might be a better atmosphere as far as family is concerned - it was last year in the BCSNCG -- WRONG! I do not mind the cheering and the barking -- hey, that's their team but when they come over to you yelling at you at your seat, that's not right. After the game, most of them did say congrats, go kill Notre Dame but way too many were flipping us off as we left. One of them did come over to high-five us and said good luck -- then he was berated by a couple of 20-something UGA fans who likely have not seen the Dawgs win on a big stage before. We never did anything other than cheer when Bama did something good. Didn't even Rammer Jammer them. The thing is most of the fans ~haven't~ been there before. So maybe they don't know how to act. Oh well... tough to go through life like that.

Last edited:

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I just wish we hadn't tried the long field goal making this game a nail biter...

See how the uga fans like that response:biggrin:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Coach Sabans unpopular hunch to go for 2 turned out huge for us. I would not have liked our odds in overtime. Sometimes it's a gut feeling over a rule about chasing points, and the good coaches get it right more often than not. The fake would have worked too if not for letting time run out. That one hurt. But going for 2 was a game changer.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
we don't know, but she may have been the one that planted the post-game presser question that seemed to get marky mark so riled up.
That was a terrible question. It's a stat and since it included a player made it double inappropriate right after the biggest game of their lives. Probably the A Constipation.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
It was a legit question as to the point that when you get GA media and UGA fans in a discussion (honest discussion) they will tell you that excessive off the field problems and on the field penalties hurt this team greatly. They are being true fans when defending Richt and the team but they do acknowledge the issue. The thing is that normally they do not get hit with the 5 yard penalties, it is the 10 and 15 yarders they constantly get.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Georgia is not a historical powerhouse and the gaps between these kind of opportunities is once every 30 years, very similar to Auburn. I felt sorry for Mark Richt after the game, especially after the assanine question about he and Murray being chokers. Talking about a heartless member of the media, what kind of question is that? How is his reply going to help your article? it's a stat. Coach Richt seems to be a little detached and I believe it effects his team, they lack personality and killer instinct.
I kind of feel like your last sentence answered the question about why that question should be asked. I told friends all week out here (Oklahoma-so I'm the resident SEC expert) that UGA and Richt are somewhat like Texas. Good coach, tons of talent....but soft and they usually can't turn that talent into championships. Richt's teams have always been soft, imo. I don't think Murray is the problem....I think the inability to tough out wins against the best teams has plagued Richt's tenure at UGA. I think "why?" is a valid question.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.