kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
This is Where the football season never ends! Bama News first, and foremost,
interesting SEC news, and salient football news:
HURT: Alabama wins battle of wills

"Hard pounding, gentlemen. Let's see who will pound longest." - The Duke of Wellington at the Battle of Waterloo
Sometimes it comes down to just that. The politics don't matter. The BCS ramifications don't matter. The pregame chatter doesn't matter. Not even the trophy at stake matters.
Alabama and Georgia reached that point on Saturday evening, playing a classic football game that finally seemed to transcend the fact that a berth in the national championship game was on the line. By the fourth quarter, the game became a test of wills, each team throwing everything it could at the other side and then staring - bemused - when the opponent refused to topple.

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Re: Latest Bama 12/2/12

For a time, the monster hid under the covers. Williams shut himself away from the doctors and trainers at the end of the bench with a towel over his head. The game disappeared."I thought everything was done for me," he said. On the season's biggest stage, with a national championship berth on the line, Williams fell. His knee got rolled up at the line of scrimmage and it looked as if the No. 2-ranked Crimson Tide would have to face theGeorgia Bulldogs without him. But the self-proclaimed "Monstar" waited out the injury and tried again. Trainers...

'Unbelievable toughness'-TideNation ESPN

Jesse Williams fought through injury to help spring Eddie Lacy and lift UA

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Georgia -- Some fine camera work by me as I recorded some of the postgame celebration on my phone. I'm sure ESPN will hire me and may photography skills any day now.
But if you enjoy a sloppy, short video of the action after Saturday night's SEC Championship Game, here it is. Please be kind in your comments:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Alabama and Georgia featured the top two quarterbacks nationally in passing efficiency, but with both defenses not giving anybody any time to throw, they let the running backs and their stout offensive lines carry the fight. Afterward, as Alabama's Australian noseguard Jesse Williams, who's 6-foot-4 and full of muscles, limped to the locker room, assistant coach Lance Thompson asked him how he felt. "Sore," Williams said, with a brace on the right knee he hurt during the game. We didn't get a chance to see how Georgia defensive back Bacarri Rambo feels. It can't be good.

Opinion: Bama wins fiercest SEC title game-Daily Bama Blog

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.