Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Had to beat UGA and Referees

Nothing wrong with any of the officiating yesterday.

I didn't agree with the call on Ogeltree on his hit on AJ, but that's the rule. I also got sickened listening to every talking head & their uncle talking about Dial's hit on Murray after the pick.

Otherwise, all the other calls, whether in our favor or not, were at least justifiable
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement

Re: Had to beat UGA and Referees

The more closely you follow a game, the worse the officiating looks and this one was intense.

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    The more closely you follow a game, the worse the officiating looks and this one was intense.
    My g/f was about to kill me from screaming at the announcers all game. I said to one of my friends "Gary and Verne did everything short of putting on UGA helmets tonight." There was definitely a bit of home-cooking from the refs. The ball-spots were killing me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    My g/f was about to kill me from screaming at the announcers all game. I said to one of my friends "Gary and Verne did everything short of putting on UGA helmets tonight." There was definitely a bit of home-cooking from the refs. The ball-spots were killing me.
    Must not have been an exciting game going on if you got worked up by what announcers were saying.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

There were missed calls, but nothing done on purpose. I think it was a good game and we won. So that is all the matters.

You should watch that special that was about the sec refs on espnu. It was actually this team they followed, I think. There is a lot that goes into it, and I have more appreciation for them after watching it.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    We are turning into the Yankees of CF. We are hated more than Notre Dame right now. Even the Baptist are pulling for them

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Georgia had 5 more penalties than Alabama though. Alabama could have saved themselves from making mistakes (fake punt/delay of game, interception in the end zone, poor blocking on special teams/blocked field goal) and the refs decisions wouldn't have really mattered.

Sure the refs make mistakes, but it's up to Alabama to overcome it and make the adjustments that are necessary to win. The referees aren't perfect and can't catch everything.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Nothing wrong with any of the officiating yesterday.

I didn't agree with the call on Ogeltree on his hit on AJ, but that's the rule. I also got sickened listening to every talking head & their uncle talking about Dial's hit on Murray after the pick.

Otherwise, all the other calls, whether in our favor or not, were at least justifiable
    Thought it was close but Ogeltree was moving towards AJ before he finished his throw. Personally, I didn't think it was a roughing the QB penalty.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Couldn't agree with this more. No referee is going to be perfect but dang we do kill them when they get wrong against "our" team. LOL
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Officiating bias now? That's why it took until the fourth quarter to get our second penalty, while Georgia had racked up over half a dozen? The tipped pass... BAd call? Yeah... Trying to stop Bama from winning, umm...put on your tinfoil hat. Humans make mistakes, especially in a full speed football game. The Eddie Lacy fumble? CBS didn't have an angle shown from the other sideline, plus even in the picture there isn't a conclusive breaking of the plain (if you think there is, you're reaching). I have never heard so many complaints after a win... Verne and Gary did a surprisingly good job last night. I mentioned, on several occasions, that they were being very unbiased in their praise... Seriously...some of you need to realize that everyone isn't out to get us. You are starting to sound like Barners about the REC...

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I somehow knew this thread was coming.
    death and taxes.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Come on, we won. Isn't this thread kinda piling on?
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

The thing about officiating in any sport, what you get is what you get and there is nothing that you can do about it. You can scream at them hoping to get the next call but that goes both ways. And officials on the field always take up for the other officials because that is the only friend they have.