Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Had to beat UGA and Referees

The only real problem was the tipped pass call. Since it so hard to prove a negative, the official on the field should never declare that a ball is tipped unless he is absolutely sure.

If the ball is truly tipped then the replay will show it. If the ball wasn't tipped, it's hard to overrule though.

Replay will bail out an missed tipped ball call, but it can't really be helpful on one that ruled a tip but really wasn't.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Must not have been an exciting game going on if you got worked up by what announcers were saying.
    I replayed the game this morning and payed attention to what Verne and Gary were saying. I don't understand why people wail on them about disrespecting Alabama. They praised our team as much or more as they did Georgia and most criticisms were warranted.

It's like some people expect the announcers to call the game like they're Alabama fans or something.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The refs are not "...out to get us..." as some are saying. The public at large is tired of Bama winning, but that comes with the territory we're in right now. You win a lot, and non-fans root for the other guy. It's a great place to be, so get over the fact non-fans want us to lose. But when we take it to the next level of some referee conspiracy, it just sounds ludicrous, and that mindset gives more fuel to the jealousy of our winning ways.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We have a thread like this after every Gator game. Every one...no exceptions.

Not to disparage calling out bad calls.

No doubt - there were bad calls that hurt Bama in this game.

I thought the comments by Jess in the pinned post-game report about using replay was spot-on. We have it but I don't know why it isn't used more consistently.

It's not so much the bad calls....it's the review frequency of the calls that deserves more attention, IMHO.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Thought it was close but Ogeltree was moving towards AJ before he finished his throw. Personally, I didn't think it was a roughing the QB penalty.
    It wasn't the timing of the hit, it was the type of hit, up high. Those hits are gettingcalled as personal fouls these days, especially when done against the QB.

BamaNation Second Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar

I always cringe when I find out "Bugeyes" (aka - Tom Ritter's) crew is calling our game. That said, I believe the call evened themselves out pretty evenly. It's uncommon to see holding call in the middle of the defensive backfield. Where they were holds, they happen to every team every game and are usually much too covered to be seen well from the refs.

BamaNation Second Team

I thought it was a poorly called game with the refs missing a surprising number of calls against both teams. But best of all, bad or missed calls didn not determine the outcome. Getting beaten straight up is bad enough but losing because of a blown call always bothers me more. Bottom line...alls well that ends well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I thought the officials called a good game. That photo of Lacy is in no way indisputable evidence in my opinion.
    It all balances out normally, I'm just glad we won.

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    I replayed the game this morning and payed attention to what Verne and Gary were saying. I don't understand why people wail on them about disrespecting Alabama. They praised our team as much or more as they did Georgia and most criticisms were warranted.

It's like some people expect the announcers to call the game like they're Alabama fans or something.
    Agree. I felt like they gave both teams their due.