Had to beat UGA and Referees

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Officiating bias now? That's why it took until the fourth quarter to get our second penalty, while Georgia had racked up over half a dozen? The tipped pass... BAd call? Yeah... Trying to stop Bama from winning, umm...put on your tinfoil hat. Humans make mistakes, especially in a full speed football game. The Eddie Lacy fumble? CBS didn't have an angle shown from the other sideline, plus even in the picture there isn't a conclusive breaking of the plain (if you think there is, you're reaching). I have never heard so many complaints after a win... Verne and Gary did a surprisingly good job last night. I mentioned, on several occasions, that they were being very unbiased in their praise... Seriously...some of you need to realize that everyone isn't out to get us. You are starting to sound like Barners about the REC...

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
The thing about officiating in any sport, what you get is what you get and there is nothing that you can do about it. You can scream at them hoping to get the next call but that goes both ways. And officials on the field always take up for the other officials because that is the only friend they have.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
The only real problem was the tipped pass call. Since it so hard to prove a negative, the official on the field should never declare that a ball is tipped unless he is absolutely sure.

If the ball is truly tipped then the replay will show it. If the ball wasn't tipped, it's hard to overrule though.

Replay will bail out an missed tipped ball call, but it can't really be helpful on one that ruled a tip but really wasn't.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Must not have been an exciting game going on if you got worked up by what announcers were saying.
I replayed the game this morning and payed attention to what Verne and Gary were saying. I don't understand why people wail on them about disrespecting Alabama. They praised our team as much or more as they did Georgia and most criticisms were warranted.

It's like some people expect the announcers to call the game like they're Alabama fans or something.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
The refs are not "...out to get us..." as some are saying. The public at large is tired of Bama winning, but that comes with the territory we're in right now. You win a lot, and non-fans root for the other guy. It's a great place to be, so get over the fact non-fans want us to lose. But when we take it to the next level of some referee conspiracy, it just sounds ludicrous, and that mindset gives more fuel to the jealousy of our winning ways.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We have a thread like this after every Gator game. Every one...no exceptions.

Not to disparage calling out bad calls.

No doubt - there were bad calls that hurt Bama in this game.

I thought the comments by Jess in the pinned post-game report about using replay was spot-on. We have it but I don't know why it isn't used more consistently.

It's not so much the bad calls....it's the review frequency of the calls that deserves more attention, IMHO.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Thought it was close but Ogeltree was moving towards AJ before he finished his throw. Personally, I didn't think it was a roughing the QB penalty.
It wasn't the timing of the hit, it was the type of hit, up high. Those hits are gettingcalled as personal fouls these days, especially when done against the QB.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I always cringe when I find out "Bugeyes" (aka - Tom Ritter's) crew is calling our game. That said, I believe the call evened themselves out pretty evenly. It's uncommon to see holding call in the middle of the defensive backfield. Where they were holds, they happen to every team every game and are usually much too covered to be seen well from the refs.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
I thought it was a poorly called game with the refs missing a surprising number of calls against both teams. But best of all, bad or missed calls didn not determine the outcome. Getting beaten straight up is bad enough but losing because of a blown call always bothers me more. Bottom line...alls well that ends well.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I thought the officials called a good game. That photo of Lacy is in no way indisputable evidence in my opinion.
It all balances out normally, I'm just glad we won.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I replayed the game this morning and payed attention to what Verne and Gary were saying. I don't understand why people wail on them about disrespecting Alabama. They praised our team as much or more as they did Georgia and most criticisms were warranted.

It's like some people expect the announcers to call the game like they're Alabama fans or something.
Agree. I felt like they gave both teams their due.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.