Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamaMan View Post
    Then you watched a different game or was too inebriated to see. One of the angles clearly showed it hit the ground.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    lol

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

They used the inclusive card most of the game not going in our favor, this should not be a surprise. Thank God we were able to beat UGA and the refs. I really wish we never see tom ritter and his crew again. They are horrible. Is this the best the SEC can do regarding officiating?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I like Tom Ritter and his crew. I thought they did great. The replay booth? Not so much. Ritter doesnt see the review he just does what they tell him

The nose of the ball closest to Milliners chest indeed touched the ground even though Milliner did "cup" the ball underneath...one of the last replay angles showed that clearly. It was the right call.

BamaNation First Team tidefan26's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ball hit the ground, no INT. What bothers me though, and I know I am beating a dead horse here, but it appeared they were only selectively reviewing plays. Tons of time on the no pick, no time on the tip pass/PI call. No review of Lacy and forward progress on the goal etc.
    Sic semper tyrannis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamaMan View Post
    Then you watched a different game or was too inebriated to see. One of the angles clearly showed it hit the ground.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    To be clear about the point that I was making, I responded to a poster who said the ball went through Milliner's hands. While the nose of the ball may have touched the ground, Milliner did have the ball pinned between his right arm and his body. I did not take a position on whether or not the pass was complete.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan26 View Post
    Ball hit the ground, no INT. What bothers me though, and I know I am beating a dead horse here, but it appeared they were only selectively reviewing plays. Tons of time on the no pick, no time on the tip pass/PI call. No review of Lacy and forward progress on the goal etc.
    Gary must have had a direct line upstairs when he would bark out that "yeah they reviewed that last one" after a bad call for Bama

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Taking off the crimson glasses, if it had been a Georgia DB making the "interception" the way Milliner did, I would be screaming INCOMPLETE.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    I like Tom Ritter and his crew. I thought they did great. The replay booth? Not so much. Ritter doesnt see the review he just does what they tell him
    As I said in a different thread that was not Ritter's crew, the crew was mixed which I do not like for big games like this.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMarch View Post
    As I said in a different thread that was not Ritter's crew, the crew was mixed which I do not like for big games like this.
    Ah. Yeah, that's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    the ball touched the ground, it was incomplete. refs made the right call.
    Yep. Wasn't even really a close call.

Dee made a great effort to grab it, but the replay ref got it right.

BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    Taking off the crimson glasses, if it had been a Georgia DB making the "interception" the way Milliner did, I would be screaming INCOMPLETE.
    While I was really hoping the call would be upheld, I had the same thought. It was a fantastic try by Dee, but it was an incomplete pass. In retrospect, I'm glad it was overturned so we don't have to be hearing/reading about a so-called "tainted victory" for the next couple of weeks. CBS would have shown it (with commentary by Verne) ad nauseum.