Finally saw it. Yep, incomplete.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

Incompetence they name is Tom Ritter.

How does this guy manage to do the SEC championship? He is terrible. Go back and look at our few losses, almost always this screw does the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Incompetence they name is Tom Ritter.

How does this guy manage to do the SEC championship? He is terrible. Go back and look at our few losses, almost always this screw does the game.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

He's talking about the referee Tom Ritter. We have nicknamed him "Serial Killer" since he looks like one. He's not the best but don't think he has it in for us. And the ball hit the ground and was incomplete.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I really didn't think the video was so conclusive. Since we all saw the same film, the very fact that we're discussing it here and there is some disagreement supports that idea. While there are quite a few people here who thought they made the right call, I wonder if you would see it that way if UGA had actually pulled it out? If it is the kind of film that is so close that opinions will vary and can be flip flopped so easily depending on where your bias is...then the play on the field should stand. But that's just mho.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

How many of these threads are we going to have? There are no black helicopters...ref's aren't trying to screw us...everyone isn't out to get us. Paranoia runs too rampant through our fanbase now...

As far as the INT...it clearly hit the ground. I couldn't even make a case to myself to argue the point that he somehow got his arm under it.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a question as to whether or not the ball hit the ground, the ball can hit the ground as long as you have both hands on the ball and in complete possession. That's the key. As you can see from the replay, the ball moves ever so slightly when it contacts the ground, indicating he lost his grip on it for that split second, meaning an incompletion. However, I agree that it was reallly, really close and in my opinion, was not definitive enough to overturn the call on the field.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Disciple View Post
    It more than likely did hit the ground, but to me, the refs were unwilling to overturn a call unless it was totally conclusive evidence until that play, and then overturned a play where there was doubt. No view clearly showed the ball hit the ground, nor did any view clearly show Milliner get his arm under the ball, as I recall.
    The back angle showed the ball hitting the ground

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitenoise View Post
    I really didn't think the video was so conclusive. Since we all saw the same film, the very fact that we're discussing it here and there is some disagreement supports that idea. While there are quite a few people here who thought they made the right call, I wonder if you would see it that way if UGA had actually pulled it out? If it is the kind of film that is so close that opinions will vary and can be flip flopped so easily depending on where your bias is...then the play on the field should stand. But that's just mho.
    That wouldnt affect the view i Saw of the ball touching the ground...the right call was made. Just because I'd like to have made the interception doesnt mean that I didnt see it wasnt an interception...

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

It very nearly broke my heart, but it was incomplete. The front angle showed the ball "drumming" between Milliner's chest and the ground, and the rear view under Milliner's armpit showed the arms not-quite-cradling the sides of the ball with his hands on the nose. This to me is fairly definitive that it was incomplete.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Disciple View Post
    It more than likely did hit the ground, but to me, the refs were unwilling to overturn a call unless it was totally conclusive evidence until that play, and then overturned a play where there was doubt. No view clearly showed the ball hit the ground, nor did any view clearly show Milliner get his arm under the ball, as I recall.
    ^^^^^^^
    This - they were definitely not overturning unless it was 100% video evidence. This one looked like it was incomplete because of the behavior of the ball but there was no view that I ever saw (and I looked at it in super slow-mo) where you actually saw the ball in contact with the ground.

I don't really have a problem with the overturn on this because I do think he trapped it. I just have a problem with them so tightly following the letter of the review rule all game until this call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just rewatched Lacys TD (not called) the ball definitely crossed the plane.

Thats the problem most of us have with SEC officials especially Ritter.

Just use the same standards is all we ask.

I do think that after this call the Team took it out of the officials hands thanks to Mr Mosley.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't know if you guys just don't have HD tvs or what, it clearly, without question, hit the ground without Milliner having control over the ball. He did not catch the ball. It was incomplete.

Ritter is a fine ref, and he called a fine game yesterday. This is a bizarre thread.