Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

SEC officials are not the best have you ever heard of this from another group? Our coaches have not raised a stink for the good of the conference but let us not forget.

http://blog.al.com/solomon/2009/10/s...-arkansas.html

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

I think the 2 calls that were not overturned, the Lacy touchdown and the non-tipped pass, were costly. Those 2 were worth 14 pts possibly. I know this is off topic, but I still claim the pass was not tipped and therefore should have been a PI call.
    Also, if we would have had a better angle, I think evidence would have showed Lacy did stretch the ball across before it was knocked out of his hand. We didn't have a clear shot on goal line of that one. Player was in the way.
    I thought we had a shot of the non-tipped pass had they taken more time to examine it. No change of spin or direction of the flight of the ball. Furthermore, with the view from behind the QB, it showed space between the defender's hands and the ball. Unfortunately, the next play they block our FG and score a TD.
    I also think if Depriest's foot was not in the way, we could have seen Gurley's knee down before he reached the endzone. Oh well. Roll tide anyway.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    SEC officials are not the best have you ever heard of this from another group? Our coaches have not raised a stink for the good of the conference but let us not forget.

http://blog.al.com/solomon/2009/10/s...-arkansas.html
    The refs we have now are as good as they've been in my lifetime.

As bad as I hated it and as great of an effort as it was, it definitely was incomplete. In a couple of angles, you could see the ground's affect on the ball... you don't have to see it hit the ground if that's the case. The most horrible thing about it IMO, was the fact that Bama had to go back out on the field after the euphoria caused by the call on the field. Once you're up that emotionally and get brought to earth, it takes a bit to get composed. I thought we were beat at that point.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    I don't know if you guys just don't have HD tvs or what, it clearly, without question, hit the ground without Milliner having control over the ball. He did not catch the ball. It was incomplete.

Ritter is a fine ref, and he called a fine game yesterday. This is a bizarre thread.
    ...did we lose the game?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    ...did we lose the game?
    You'd think.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If you watched the replay, we got the snap off before the whistle on the fake punt. I'm just glad we won. RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    If you watched the replay, we got the snap off before the whistle on the fake punt. I'm just glad we won. RTR
    Doesn't matter when he blew the whistle. The clock had hit zero and probably would have swung to -1 if they had it before the snap.

The refs we have now are as good as they've been in my lifetime.
    We complain about them a lot but they're the best I've seen in any conference.

I expect perfection - an acknowledged unattainable standard - but I don't think the SEC refs are awful. It's just infuriating when they miss something like the 'tipped ball' interference call. Even in real time it didn't look tipped - at all.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    We complain about them a lot but they're the best I've seen in any conference.

I expect perfection - an acknowledged unattainable standard - but I don't think the SEC refs are awful. It's just infuriating when they miss something like the 'tipped ball' interference call. Even in real time it didn't look tipped - at all.
    See, I blame review for that particular error. I want perfection too, but when a guy messes up on a split second call, that's the job of replay to stop the game and look at it. Whether the ball is tipped or not is reviewable. They should have taken a second look.

See, I blame review for that particular error. I want perfection too, but when a guy messes up on a split second call, that's the job of replay to stop the game and look at it. Whether the ball is tipped or not is reviewable. They should have taken a second look.
    Sure, I agree - but I lump all the officials together.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Seriously????????? Did you watch the same game we watched?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Dont talk about what your going to do, just DO IT!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Sure, I agree - but I lump all the officials together.
    Gotcha.