Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Lot of confirmation bias here. All the calls didn't go Georgia's way. All the calls you think were questionable went Georgia's way. The interference in the end zone--which every Georgia player, coach, and fan thought was uncatchable--went our way. The personal foul penalty on McElroy--after an incomplete third down pass in the end zone--went our way. The (correct) no-call on the Dial hit on Murray went our way. No, this was a well-called game as games go.
Verne?!? Is that you? :wink:

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
I'm going to say this only once.
Every sports game has 100s of calls and no calls. Missed calls VERY rarely affects the outcome of the game.
The officials are a function of the game. Not the other way around.
Thinking that a team would've won if the officials didn't suck is plain ignorance.

This applies to Bama and UGA fans.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You should read an official's mechanics manual. The deep judge's responsibility is to watch the action on the receiver. He needs to know in general when the ball is in the air so he knows whether a penalty is holding or pass interference, but he should NOT be watching the ball to see whether it gets tipped
I never said his job was to watch for a tip and the receiver, I was saying that the notion that he is to throw the flag only on the basis of contact is not correct. He throws the flag if he believes he sees a textbook pass interference play, he doesn't just throw the flag on contact.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
So, you're telling me that Lacy didn't break the plane with the ball? Is that what you're telling all of us? On top of that, you're also telling me that you are certain Gurley's knee wasn't down? I'm not talking about replay rules, I'm talking about what actually happened.

I'm not sure how an open minded person could see the evidence we've seen and be on that side of both. That picture was lying huh?
Gurley scored. He was on top of several players with the ball in the end zone before being downed.
Lacy did not score. He lost control of the ball before breaking the plane.
The pass was not tipped when pass interference was waved off.
Milliner didn't have clear possession before landing with the ball touching the ground.

75% of these close calls correctly went Georgia's way. 25% incorrectly went Georgia's way.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The picture here begs to differ with you: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185524

I'll give you the Gurley one, but I think that's a 50/50 call on the field and I actually think he was down, there just wasn't a good view of that (not easy to keep your knee hovering an inch over the ground).

I've seen it, but that picture doesn't show what you think it shows.

And it's a lot easier to keep your knee off the ground if you're on top of other players like Gurley was.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
And on the interception, there is no question that was the right call. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. He didn't catch it. It was incomplete. Take off the crimson colored glasses guys.
I actually disagree with this. The evidence to overturn the interception was as conclusive as the evidence to call a TD for Lacy (instead of the subsequent fumble).

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
The picture here begs to differ with you: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185524

I'll give you the Gurley one, but I think that's a 50/50 call on the field and I actually think he was down, there just wasn't a good view of that (not easy to keep your knee hovering an inch over the ground).
Really? At that angle you can tell 100% that he scored? Wow....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Where did you come up with the number?
Gurley scored. He was on top of several players with the ball in the end zone before being downed.
Lacy did not score. He lost control of the ball before breaking the plane.
The pass was not tipped when pass interference was waved off.
Milliner didn't have clear possession before landing with the ball touching the ground.

75% of these close calls correctly went Georgia's way. 25% incorrectly went Georgia's way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.