Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Re: Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrThor View Post
    You should read an official's mechanics manual. The deep judge's responsibility is to watch the action on the receiver. He needs to know in general when the ball is in the air so he knows whether a penalty is holding or pass interference, but he should NOT be watching the ball to see whether it gets tipped
    I never said his job was to watch for a tip and the receiver, I was saying that the notion that he is to throw the flag only on the basis of contact is not correct. He throws the flag if he believes he sees a textbook pass interference play, he doesn't just throw the flag on contact.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; December 3rd, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    So, you're telling me that Lacy didn't break the plane with the ball? Is that what you're telling all of us? On top of that, you're also telling me that you are certain Gurley's knee wasn't down? I'm not talking about replay rules, I'm talking about what actually happened.

I'm not sure how an open minded person could see the evidence we've seen and be on that side of both. That picture was lying huh?
    Gurley scored. He was on top of several players with the ball in the end zone before being downed.
    Lacy did not score. He lost control of the ball before breaking the plane.
    The pass was not tipped when pass interference was waved off.
    Milliner didn't have clear possession before landing with the ball touching the ground.

75% of these close calls correctly went Georgia's way. 25% incorrectly went Georgia's way.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    The picture here begs to differ with you: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185524

I'll give you the Gurley one, but I think that's a 50/50 call on the field and I actually think he was down, there just wasn't a good view of that (not easy to keep your knee hovering an inch over the ground).

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

The picture here begs to differ with you: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185524

I'll give you the Gurley one, but I think that's a 50/50 call on the field and I actually think he was down, there just wasn't a good view of that (not easy to keep your knee hovering an inch over the ground).

I've seen it, but that picture doesn't show what you think it shows.

And it's a lot easier to keep your knee off the ground if you're on top of other players like Gurley was.
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    And on the interception, there is no question that was the right call. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. He didn't catch it. It was incomplete. Take off the crimson colored glasses guys.
    I actually disagree with this. The evidence to overturn the interception was as conclusive as the evidence to call a TD for Lacy (instead of the subsequent fumble).
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMarch View Post
    As I said in a different thread that was not Ritter's crew, the crew was mixed which I do not like for big games like this.
    You have a problem with diversity?

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I actually disagree with this. The evidence to overturn the interception was as conclusive as the evidence to call a TD for Lacy (instead of the subsequent fumble).
    I cannot see how this is even remotely true.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Gurley scored. He was on top of several players with the ball in the end zone before being downed.
    Milliner didn't have clear possession before landing with the ball touching the ground.

75% of these close calls correctly went Georgia's way. 25% incorrectly went Georgia's way.
    That picture, which shows a lot more than the refs had to look out, still isnt conclusive. I honestly have no idea if he scored.

And I cant believe anyone honestly thinks Milliner caught that ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    I cant believe anyone honestly thinks Milliner caught that ball.
    QFT. I can see how the refs missed it on the field, but the replay was crystal clear.

Really? At that angle you can tell 100% that he scored? Wow....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Dont talk about what your going to do, just DO IT!

Where did you come up with the number?

We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*