Dee Millners Pick that wasn't

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
It more than likely did hit the ground, but to me, the refs were unwilling to overturn a call unless it was totally conclusive evidence until that play, and then overturned a play where there was doubt. No view clearly showed the ball hit the ground, nor did any view clearly show Milliner get his arm under the ball, as I recall.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It more than likely did hit the ground, but to me, the refs were unwilling to overturn a call unless it was totally conclusive evidence until that play, and then overturned a play where there was doubt. No view clearly showed the ball hit the ground, nor did any view clearly show Milliner get his arm under the ball, as I recall.
^^^ This ^^^

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Did the ball hit the ground of did he use the ground to complete the catch? The ball can touch the ground

yeah, i thought the rule was the ground had to effect the ball. oh well, game is over and we won. kudos to our d for getting the stop after that emotional roller coaster of thinking we won the game then having to go back out and defend

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Did the ball hit the ground of did he use the ground to complete the catch? The ball can touch the ground
you must have control before it touches the ground. In this case he had his hands on either side of the ball, the ball touched the ground and it moved as you could see from a side angle. Incomplete per the college rule.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
They used the inclusive card most of the game not going in our favor, this should not be a surprise. Thank God we were able to beat UGA and the refs. I really wish we never see tom ritter and his crew again. They are horrible. Is this the best the SEC can do regarding officiating?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
The nose of the ball closest to Milliners chest indeed touched the ground even though Milliner did "cup" the ball underneath...one of the last replay angles showed that clearly. It was the right call.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
Ball hit the ground, no INT. What bothers me though, and I know I am beating a dead horse here, but it appeared they were only selectively reviewing plays. Tons of time on the no pick, no time on the tip pass/PI call. No review of Lacy and forward progress on the goal etc.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Then you watched a different game or was too inebriated to see. One of the angles clearly showed it hit the ground.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
To be clear about the point that I was making, I responded to a poster who said the ball went through Milliner's hands. While the nose of the ball may have touched the ground, Milliner did have the ball pinned between his right arm and his body. I did not take a position on whether or not the pass was complete.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Ball hit the ground, no INT. What bothers me though, and I know I am beating a dead horse here, but it appeared they were only selectively reviewing plays. Tons of time on the no pick, no time on the tip pass/PI call. No review of Lacy and forward progress on the goal etc.
Gary must have had a direct line upstairs when he would bark out that "yeah they reviewed that last one" after a bad call for Bama :)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Taking off the crimson glasses, if it had been a Georgia DB making the "interception" the way Milliner did, I would be screaming INCOMPLETE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.