Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recipes

Re: Want to see the truw extent of SEC fatigue ( ESPN Poll)

I'm about to start handing out suspensions which will last beyond the BCSCG to folks who feel like they need to sneak their political views onto sports boards. The fact that the low post totals indicate unfamiliarity with site policies is absolutely no excuse. Everyone had to read and agree to the policies when he/she joined...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement

Has Alabama ever played for a TIE game like Noter Dumb did in 1966 against Michigan State? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Playing for a TIE!!!!!!! Unreal!!!!!!!

We still owe them for that! Alabama should already have #15 going for #16!

I don't see how anyone who voted for Noter Dumb in 1966 could look in the mirror at themselves for theft of a NC! How can you have a player winning the Heisman in a year when you win 2 games. Also, UNREAL!

Hopefully, Coach Bryant will be sitting on a throne next to Touchdown Jesus during this game.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation First Team

It is great to be hated(feared) The more the national press hate on us the more it inspires our guys to get more fired up. It is great to have everyone against up because when we win I love to see the looks on the non believers faces.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    It is well known that Notre Dame's fan base is national if not global
    When I converted to Catholicism at my wife's behest, my father in law (who is a big bama guy) let me know that, by being catholic, my second favorite team would automatically be ND.

Doesn't make it so, but that's what he said. So I am assuming there are some Catholics out there who subscribe to this train of thought.

Re: Want to see the true extent of SEC fatigue ( ESPN Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by bnhonest View Post
    When I converted to Catholicism at my wife's behest, my father in law (who is a big bama guy) let me know that, by being catholic, my second favorite team would automatically be ND.

Doesn't make it so, but that's what he said. So I am assuming there are some Catholics out there who subscribe to this train of thought.
    I'm with you.
    I am not very religious, but am spiritual. I was kind of shamed into the system by a friend, because I only went to one of the classes. There were two sets of classes, and she told each that I attended the other and I was baptized in We broke up, and I'm now an English/German Catholic that can't get married again. Not to offend anyone, I mean this in good spirits. I enjoy going to mass and to my old Methodist church too. It all leads back to the same thing when you peel back the layers. No way I would ever abolish my marriage due to my son.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; December 2nd, 2012 at 05:48 PM.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bnhonest View Post

If this was on NS................the stories I could tell.........

But, in a nutshell, our sin was converting from Catholicism. I feel for you, my crimson friend!

For everyone else: it is worse than having API relatives. Some things were not made to go together, no matter how hard you try to force-fit them.

Next time I am back in Shelby Co., I'll drive up there, and 'splain to him the error in his ways!
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Don't really get the whole SEC fatigue fatigue thing. Of course people of tired of seeing us. We have overstayed our welcome which always happens to winners. Everyone here that was alive hated Miami in the 80's. That is what made the 92 champiuonship so great. Our job is not to be loved our job is to kick behind until someone shows tough enough to knock us off the perch and keep us off.

As far as that goes I don't see all that much hate anyway. The polls on preference are tightening up some and we are CLEARLY who most people are predicting to win.

I just find it hard to believe that if the Pac-10 won seven straight NC games people in the SEC country would be thinking that was peachy-keen.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Texas? Babies!

BamaNation First Team

Dear Coach Saban:
    Alabama has never beaten Notre Dame.

Well there...that ought to do it.

Thank you Sir
    Bob

BamaNation Hall of Fame lafella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboda1 View Post
    Dear Coach Saban:
    Alabama has never beaten Notre Dame.

Well there...that ought to do it.

Thank you Sir
    Bob
    Once
    Hey Daddy why doesn't Auburn have a number beside their name? 5 year old son during the iron bowl.