Want to see the true extent of SEC fatigue ( ESPN Poll)

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
Link this won't take you to the right poll but it's the second poll and the question asked was . Who will you root for in the Notre Dame- Alabama BCS championship game.. other than Alaska , West Virginia and the SEC area minus Missouri the rest of the country is Notre Dame.

That's alot of hate there folks! Awesome!!:biggrin:

truw true doh

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Re: Want to see the truw extent of SEC fatigue ( ESPN Poll)

The first poll asks, "Which team would win this BCS championship game matchup? Notre Dame or Alabama?" With nearly 93K votes, Alabama leads with 63% of the vote.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

It is well known that Notre Dame's fan base is national if not global

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Those states would make a nice little country.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

As someone who remembers the Bryant years, I'll point out this is a return to the natural order of things.

It's great to be hated again because you win too much.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

There is another poll like that which asks "Which team would win this BCS championship game matchup?". As of now it says Alabama 63% to Notre Dame 37%.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

It doesn't matter now, we are in.

I remember this time last year...we were all crunching numbers and checking out the polls making sure we would be ahead of OKie State. It is great to know we are in, and all we have to do is win. We don't have to depend on voters.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

As someone who remembers the Bryant years, I'll point out this is a return to the natural order of things.

It's great to be hated again because you win too much.
Yes but the Biggest difference now from then is you have 6 that's right 6 SEC teams in the top 10.

I love CPB & think he is the beat there ever was but really the SEC is stronger now so what CNS is doing is just remarkable.

We can live with the hate.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Interesting map/poll. Think the Okie Lite fans are still mad about last year?

Good! One-year wonder. They were not deserving.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm about to start handing out suspensions which will last beyond the BCSCG to folks who feel like they need to sneak their political views onto sports boards. The fact that the low post totals indicate unfamiliarity with site policies is absolutely no excuse. Everyone had to read and agree to the policies when he/she joined...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Has Alabama ever played for a TIE game like Noter Dumb did in 1966 against Michigan State? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Playing for a TIE!!!!!!! Unreal!!!!!!!

We still owe them for that! Alabama should already have #15 going for #16!

I don't see how anyone who voted for Noter Dumb in 1966 could look in the mirror at themselves for theft of a NC! How can you have a player winning the Heisman in a year when you win 2 games. Also, UNREAL!

Hopefully, Coach Bryant will be sitting on a throne next to Touchdown Jesus during this game.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif

It is great to be hated(feared) The more the national press hate on us the more it inspires our guys to get more fired up. It is great to have everyone against up because when we win I love to see the looks on the non believers faces.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
It is well known that Notre Dame's fan base is national if not global
When I converted to Catholicism at my wife's behest, my father in law (who is a big bama guy) let me know that, by being catholic, my second favorite team would automatically be ND.

Doesn't make it so, but that's what he said. So I am assuming there are some Catholics out there who subscribe to this train of thought.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
When I converted to Catholicism at my wife's behest, my father in law (who is a big bama guy) let me know that, by being catholic, my second favorite team would automatically be ND.

Doesn't make it so, but that's what he said. So I am assuming there are some Catholics out there who subscribe to this train of thought.
I'm with you.
I am not very religious, but am spiritual. I was kind of shamed into the system by a friend, because I only went to one of the classes. There were two sets of classes, and she told each that I attended the other and I was baptized in:) We broke up, and I'm now an English/German Catholic that can't get married again. Not to offend anyone, I mean this in good spirits. I enjoy going to mass and to my old Methodist church too. It all leads back to the same thing when you peel back the layers. No way I would ever abolish my marriage due to my son.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

If this was on NS................the stories I could tell.........

But, in a nutshell, our sin was converting from Catholicism. I feel for you, my crimson friend!

For everyone else: it is worse than having API relatives. Some things were not made to go together, no matter how hard you try to force-fit them.

Next time I am back in Shelby Co., I'll drive up there, and 'splain to him the error in his ways! :biggrin:

Condor 63

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2003
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com
Don't really get the whole SEC fatigue fatigue thing. Of course people of tired of seeing us. We have overstayed our welcome which always happens to winners. Everyone here that was alive hated Miami in the 80's. That is what made the 92 champiuonship so great. Our job is not to be loved our job is to kick behind until someone shows tough enough to knock us off the perch and keep us off.

As far as that goes I don't see all that much hate anyway. The polls on preference are tightening up some and we are CLEARLY who most people are predicting to win.

I just find it hard to believe that if the Pac-10 won seven straight NC games people in the SEC country would be thinking that was peachy-keen. :rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.