Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Link An open letter to the 2012 Crimson Tide-Written by a Major in Afghanistan

This pulls at your heart a little:

http://blog.al.com/afghanistan/2012/..._2012_cri.html
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An open letter to the 2012 Crimson Tide-Written by a Major in Afghanistan

Awesome stuff.
    "Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!" - Verne Lundquist

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Great read. Thanks for posting.

My son and I (he's currently home from contracting in Afghanistan) have had the opportunity to watch the Iron Bowl last week and the SEC-CG last night together. We'll miss the BCS-CG together given he has to leave out on the 10th. He is a veteran who served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan prior to his current civilian service as a contractor so he's no stranger to the conditions and risks these guys face every hour of every day. I can't begin to express the gratitude I have for all these men and women who "CHOOSE" to risk life and limb so that we may enjoy our spoiled and free lifestyle.

A great big "Thank You" to all who have served, are currently serving and especially to the families of those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

RTR!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

An open letter to the 2012 Crimson Tide-Written by a Major in Afghanistan

That's good stuff. I, too, was in the Bama NG. And being a war vet myself that's just good stuff!
    ROLL TIDE!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

very cool. I always remind myself of our men and women still overseas and THANK them for ALL they do.

RTR!!!!

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Woot on TideFans.com

hey, this is my buddy's unit. Cool "small world" moment
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Post Thanks / Like

Chills. Hope the team sees this.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

That was awesome. I hope Coach Saban shares that with the players at tonight's football banquet.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for your service and securing my freedom.Roll Tide and prayers for all service people.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Very powerful read. That put a smile on my face. I'm sure the team will appreciate the letter.

I never served and regret it. Thanks to all who do and who have and to your families. God bless you for your unselfish service.

Roll Tide.