An open letter to the 2012 Crimson Tide-Written by a Major in Afghanistan

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Great read. Thanks for posting.

My son and I (he's currently home from contracting in Afghanistan) have had the opportunity to watch the Iron Bowl last week and the SEC-CG last night together. We'll miss the BCS-CG together given he has to leave out on the 10th. He is a veteran who served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan prior to his current civilian service as a contractor so he's no stranger to the conditions and risks these guys face every hour of every day. I can't begin to express the gratitude I have for all these men and women who "CHOOSE" to risk life and limb so that we may enjoy our spoiled and free lifestyle.

A great big "Thank You" to all who have served, are currently serving and especially to the families of those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

RTR!!!

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
very cool. I always remind myself of our men and women still overseas and THANK them for ALL they do.

RTR!!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That was awesome. I hope Coach Saban shares that with the players at tonight's football banquet.

Lil' Harv

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007
Thank You for your service and securing my freedom.Roll Tide and prayers for all service people.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Very powerful read. That put a smile on my face. I'm sure the team will appreciate the letter.

I never served and regret it. Thanks to all who do and who have and to your families. God bless you for your unselfish service.

Roll Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.