Biggest call of the game was Bama going for 2pt conversion in 3rd Qtr.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I don't care which coach made the decision but IMO the decision to go for 2 was the biggest call of the game. If not Georgia kicks a field goal to force overtime.

:biga:

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Yeah, absolutely huge call. I remember telling my friends, that I was watching the game with, that it seemed a little early to be going for 2. But then again why not, we were running it at will down their throats. Gave the ball to TJ again and he ran right in. Turned out to be a massive play in the overall shape of how it ended.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Coach's make these calls on hunches as much as the rule's like "chasing points". The successful coaches have a good track record when they gamble a bit. I am confident that coach Saban had a premonition.

Anyone else glad we didn't go to overtime?

lhead2466

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2008
Although it proved to be huge at the end of the game with us being up 4 instead of 3 I feel that at the time we went for 2 we had been down 11 and had cut it to 5 with the touchdown and we were trying to get within one score and only be down 3.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Although it proved to be huge at the end of the game with us being up 4 instead of 3 I feel that at the time we went for 2 we had been down 11 and had cut it to 5 with the touchdown and we were trying to get within one score and only be down 3.
Yeah I thought it was a no brainer at the time. Not sure I understand those who argue they wouldn't have agreed with the decision. Getting to within a FG made perfect sense.

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005
I've never understood those who say it's "too early" to go for 2. If you can get to within one score, you do it. There's no guarantee a team will be in position to score on more than one occassion the remainder of the game. Most of the arguments against it by commentators (in this game and in general) just don't make sense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.