Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

New polls are out

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Georgia drops to 6th in the AP and 5th in the USA Today.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: New polls are out

Interesting that they put Northern Illinois at #16. Being #16 or higher guaranteed them a spot in one of the BCS games. I saw a projection for them to play FSU in the Orange Bowl instead of Sugar. Looks like OU will go to the Cotton as of now.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

It has to be the first time that the SEC has six of the top ten teams in the coaches poll. That's pretty amazing.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    Interesting that they put Northern Illinois at #16. Being #16 or higher guaranteed them a spot in one of the BCS games. I saw a projection for them to play FSU in the Orange Bowl instead of Sugar. Looks like OU will go to the Cotton as of now.
    Coach Saban is correct about the flaw in the system. Give them some cash, but let Georgia play in the BCS Bowl

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Bama is 76 pts behind ND, which means that 16 people voted Bama 3rd OR a few less voted them worse than 3rd --

Was that an attempt to get UF in 2nd place? Ohio State is 122 pts behind Bama -- which is over 2 rankings worth of votes worse than us....but a tight cluster after that with OSU, UF, Oregon and UGA....

I'm guessing a few of the AP voters moved UF and OSU ahead of Bama in their rankings maybe a couple had both of them ahead
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Bama is 76 pts behind ND, which means that 16 people voted Bama 3rd OR a few less voted them worse than 3rd --

Was that an attempt to get UF in 2nd place? Ohio State is 122 pts behind Bama -- which is over 2 rankings worth of votes worse than us....but a tight cluster after that with OSU, UF, Oregon and UGA....

I'm guessing a few of the AP voters moved UF and OSU ahead of Bama in their rankings maybe a couple had both of them ahead
    And we beat Georgia who beat Florida.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    It has to be the first time that the SEC has six of the top ten teams in the coaches poll. That's pretty amazing.
    I liked the post game conference when Saban said his wife's sister said six out of ten is 60%!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    While I live literally 30 miles from Northern Illinois' campus and while I think it's awesome that a local team is being talked about with national powehouses.... there are SO many more well deserving teams to go to a BCS bowl. I mean Georgia deserves something better than the Cotton bowl. The best bowl game was played last night, Congrats to Northern Illinois and like CapstoneTider said, give them some money as they earned some BCS money by doing their part and winning their conference and being in the top 16...but in a BCS game we want to see teams like Oregon, Georgia, K-State not MAC Mid-majors. Would be like when Connecticut went to what was it? The Fiesta bowl or Orange bowl a couple years ago...Snoozefest and like only a few thousand of their fans made the trip.

-Clint

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

It looks like we gained 3 1st place votes in the USA today pool.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    It looks like we gained 3 1st place votes in the USA today pool.
    Wonder which three coaches voted us number one?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Wonder which three coaches voted us number one?
    Saban, Richt, and Sumlin? Only people that would benefit from Alabama being #1 perhaps? I doubt that's who did, but it's a thought anyways

-CLINT

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

New polls are out

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post

I would say more likely that some PAC 12 homers have Oregon at 2. Good thing the AP poll is meaningless for the BCS.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    And we beat Georgia who beat Florida.
    That game could be played a number of different ways...