New polls are out

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He is a very laid back west coast guy. He would've been a terrible fit at Bama. Live and let live.
Just to be clear, I had no problem with him not coming to Bama and totally understood his reasoning, it was his vote. But he would have been better than the Price/Shula era.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The AP may be meaningless for the BCS but they've got Ohio State at 3rd and if we win the BCS NC, they may jump Ohio State over the Tide and ND as the only unbeaten team in the nation and give them a share. That would just suck rocks

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
according to Wikipedia he grew up in Idaho but had family ties to the state of Alabama and the University through his father's side of the family.

I agree with the other poster who said he probably would have been a poor fit for us.
We hired Price, a drunk from Washington State.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
The AP may be meaningless for the BCS but they've got Ohio State at 3rd and if we win the BCS NC, they may jump Ohio State over the Tide and ND as the only unbeaten team in the nation and give them a share. That would just suck rocks
I don't think that will happen. If the AP were thinking of doing that, they'd already have Ohio State ranked #1 or #2. It seems clear that the AP voters have consciously been holding them out of the top 2 to avoid such a situation.

In prior cases where the AP crowned a team serving sanctions (e.g. Oklahoma in the early 70s), they had no problem having that team in the championship hunt the entire season. I think those days are over.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.