Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Catch-All Thread for all the other bowl announcements

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    Too many teams on probation has really hurt this season's bowl match ups.Penn State, Ohio State, North Carolina, and Miami all being sanctioned at the same time really open the flood gates for the likes of Ball State, Kent State, Toldeo, Louisiana-Monroe, Central Michigan, etc. If just one of those four teams were not serving a bowl ban, Northern Illinois would be nowhere near going to a BCS Bowl.
    And as Cecil Hurt mentioned yesterday, we all better be thanking Terrell Pryor's tattoo artist for Ohio State being on probation. Otherwise, we wouldn't be anywhere near Miami in January.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Ohio St. would even be undefeated if they weren't playing with no pressure all season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    I wonder if Ohio St. would even be undefeated if they weren't playing with no pressure all season.
    Based on the rest of the Big 10 this year, I'd lean towards yes... or with 1 loss at the most.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Ehh... the BCS was never designed to be the top 10 teams in the 5 bowls. It's 1 and 2... after that, it's pretty irrelevant outside of the money the conferences get.
    The BCS should never have been about anything but #1 and #2. In their BCSNCG. Leaving #3 down to be chosen by whatever method the Bowls wished.

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    The Heart of Dallas Bowl was apparently on the table for La Tech until Oklahoma got bumped to the Cotton. The Independence Bowl basically told them take us or leave it on Saturday. When the BCS fell the way it did, Tech was out in the cold.
    From what I heard, LA Tech was thinking they were in the running for the Liberty Bowl. They got their offer on Saturday like ULM did but they asked for more time to make their decision hoping that there was a better deal out there. However, they knew who their opponent was going to be and could have taken it but took the risk of throwing away a good season and screwing a bunch of Seniors out of their reward of playing post season by basically being gutless and selfish.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTideFan View Post
    From what I heard, LA Tech was thinking they were in the running for the Liberty Bowl. They got their offer on Saturday like ULM did but they asked for more time to make their decision hoping that there was a better deal out there. However, they knew who their opponent was going to be and could have taken it but took the risk of throwing away a good season and screwing a bunch of Seniors out of their reward of playing post season by basically being gutless and selfish.
    yep, Inde Bowl told them (probably pleaded with them) that if they didn't take the offer by Saturday evening they had to invite Ohio. Their idiot AD held out for a better offer and now has no date to the prom.

too bad...highest scoring team in nation could have played a Louisiana rival (ULM/LT) and instead stay home with 9 wins because of a stupid and greedy AD that still didn't take responsibility for the decision using "we" and blaming the conference...

"What hurt us is that we're in a conference that's disintegrating," Van De Velde said. "It only has one bowl tie-in. We weren't the champions, Utah State was, and they got that tie-in. Next year, we won't have that issue, because we're going into Conference USA and they have five bowl tie-ins. It's just an unfortunate situation that in this particular year, we got caught," Van De Velde said.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

All this "nonsense" is still far better than when the bowls extended invitations during the season.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe