Catch-All Thread for all the other bowl announcements

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
La Tech screwed this one up. On another note, looks like the Baylor Bears will travel to San Diego for a Holiday Bowl matchup with UCLA.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Aggies vs Sooners is a good match up.
If this is TRUE, the Aggies may want payback for that 77 to 0 Fran Man loss a few years ago. Oklahoma better be ready, otherwise they are going to get a wild west whooping real bad.

I hope it's a very good weather day in Dallas: do they play in Jerry's House or Cotton Bowl Stadium. Just can't remember.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
If only cause T&Am beat us and are new to the conference I was hoping they would play a good game. If it is true that they play OK then I think it is a good game possibility...depending what OK team comes out to play, it is almost like they make that decision before they come out for the game. (i.e. whether they will actually win or blow it).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
LaTech was not selected for a bowl game. They were playing some high-roller poker hoping for a better game than the Independence and ended up with nothing.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If this is TRUE, the Aggies may want payback for that 77 to 0 Fran Man loss a few years ago. Oklahoma better be ready, otherwise they are going to get a wild west whooping real bad.

I hope it's a very good weather day in Dallas: do they play in Jerry's House or Cotton Bowl Stadium. Just can't remember.
I think it is in Jerry's World.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
LaTech was not selected for a bowl game. They were playing some high-roller poker hoping for a better game than the Independence and ended up with nothing.
It was more along the lines that they would face a ULM team from 30 miles down the road that they used to play every year up until the early 90's. They have this attitude that ULM is nothing more than a Junior College and did not want to tarnish their elite, snobbish name by maybe getting their arse handed to them by a team they think is inferior. Serves them right.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Wow.............both Florida teams got hosed. And U$C..............the team that was practically crowned champs, before the season started, they get to play................GT!

Yes, Nutter Dumber's Southern nemesis gets their chance to really wreck (pun intended) Lame Kitten's season. Doubt it will happen, but one can pray.

OTOH...........their D is rather porous.

It was more along the lines that they would face a ULM team from 30 miles down the road that they used to play every year up until the early 90's. They have this attitude that ULM is nothing more than a Junior College and did not want to tarnish their elite, snobbish name by maybe getting their arse handed to them by a team they think is inferior. Serves them right.
The Heart of Dallas Bowl was apparently on the table for La Tech until Oklahoma got bumped to the Cotton. The Independence Bowl basically told them take us or leave it on Saturday. When the BCS fell the way it did, Tech was out in the cold.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Hilarious outcome for LA Tech. They were trying to find a better bowl and didn't want to have to play their neighbor, LA Monroe. What a terrible decision.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
So the SEC got out of the former Weedwacker Bowl. If so, it was due to the SEC teams feeling like the last man picked in a grade school game and the jokes that were made about the team the went there. They must have had enough. I believe Coach Saban even quipped about the Bowl game a couple of years ago when making a point about not following the process or something :)
No, the Independence has the 10th pick of SEC teams. There were only 9 that were Bowl eligible.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Too many teams on probation has really hurt this season's bowl match ups.Penn State, Ohio State, North Carolina, and Miami all being sanctioned at the same time really open the flood gates for the likes of Ball State, Kent State, Toldeo, Louisiana-Monroe, Central Michigan, etc. If just one of those four teams were not serving a bowl ban, Northern Illinois would be nowhere near going to a BCS Bowl.

Too many teams on probation has really hurt this season's bowl match ups.Penn State, Ohio State, North Carolina, and Miami all being sanctioned at the same time really open the flood gates for the likes of Ball State, Kent State, Toldeo, Louisiana-Monroe, Central Michigan, etc. If just one of those four teams were not serving a bowl ban, Northern Illinois would be nowhere near going to a BCS Bowl.
And as Cecil Hurt mentioned yesterday, we all better be thanking Terrell Pryor's tattoo artist for Ohio State being on probation. Otherwise, we wouldn't be anywhere near Miami in January.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.