Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    8,324
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a victory!

    What's your vote for the Biggest Play of the Game - the one play that would have kept us from winning --

    I know there were several -- but which one was your favorite?

    I meant to set this up as a Poll -- oh well.....here are some of my favorites:

    1. The Ha Ha - INT
    2. The Yeldon 1st Down on 3rd and 5 setting up .....
    3. The TD Pass to Cooper
    4. The Jesse Williams and Crew stopping UGA on 3rd and 1 giving us the ball back
    5. The CJ tipped pass on the last play of the game
    6. The "Cyclone" spin move that went for 30+ up the sideline
    7. Yeldon's 2 pt conversion

    What say you?
    Last edited by CajunCrimson; December 2nd, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    Yeldon's 3rd down conversion was an amazing 5 yard considering he got hit after only 1 yard. It was huge.

  4. #3
    BamaNation All-SEC ccc2259's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    1,369
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    Because the game was in doubt until the play was made, my vote for biggest play of the game is #5, C.J.s tipped pass. I couldn't help but rank the others, though (kept your numbers, but arranged per my ranking):

    5. The CJ tipped pass on the last play of the game
    3. The TD Pass to Cooper
    7. Yeldon's 2 pt conversion
    2. The Yeldon 1st Down on 3rd and 5 setting up .....
    4. The Jesse Williams and Crew stopping UGA on 3rd and 1 giving us the ball back
    1. The Ha Ha - INT
    6. The "Cyclone" spin move that went for 30+ up the sideline
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,612
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    CJ Mosley tipped pass is #1 in my opinion.

    All of those plays were big and beneficial to Alabama's win. But Mosley getting that tip is what sealed the victory and gave us a trip to Miami.

    Also it was very nice of the UGA receiver to catch the ball. Without the catch UGA gets another shot to score.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

  6. #5

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    Though not the most impressive, the two point conversion proved to be the biggest play directly related to the outcome. We play it safe and go for one, which is what most all of us would probably admit to choosing at the time, and UGA spikes the ball to take one shot to the endzone knowing they can kick a short FG if a fade to the corner doesn't work.

    We God forbid don't get the conversion and UGA spikes the ball and trots the FG team on for highly likely winning kick. It was the call and result that the season hinged on... and I'm still scared we're not going to get it. Haha
    What's more "football" than the way it came about though? Spread everyone out and do the obvious yet unthinkable, shoving it right now Georgia's A-gap throat.

    As far as impressiveness goes, Mosley's tip was a monster play, and it would serve everyone well to ALWAYS remember Yeldon's 3rd and 5 run. He got a small seal block to help, but that play was 85% personal effort on his part.

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,612
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Tides_of_Change View Post
    Though not the most impressive, the two point conversion proved to be the biggest play directly related to the outcome. We play it safe and go for one, which is what most all of us would probably admit to choosing at the time, and UGA spikes the ball to take one shot to the endzone knowing they can kick a short FG if a fade to the corner doesn't work.

    We God forbid don't get the conversion and UGA spikes the ball and trots the FG team on for highly likely winning kick. It was the call and result that the season hinged on... and I'm still scared we're not going to get it. Haha
    What's more "football" than the way it came about though? Spread everyone out and do the obvious yet unthinkable, shoving it right now Georgia's A-gap throat.

    As far as impressiveness goes, Mosley's tip was a monster play, and it would serve everyone well to ALWAYS remember Yeldon's 3rd and 5 run. He got a small seal block to help, but that play was 85% personal effort on his part.
    True. The 2 point conversion was crucial. If we don't get the 2 points all Georgia has to do is kick a field goal later in the game to win 31-30. If we go for one and then Georgia ties the game up with a FG we go into overtime.

    This is a tough list to choose from.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

  8. #7
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,449
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    True. The 2 point conversion was crucial. If we don't get the 2 points all Georgia has to do is kick a field goal later in the game to win 31-30. If we go for one and then Georgia ties the game up with a FG we go into overtime.

    This is a tough list to choose from.
    Agree very tough list & also the 2 point play was it for me mainly because I thought it was crazy at the time, helps put me back in my place.

  9. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    12,550
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    I kind of lean towards the 2pt conversion, not just because of the importance of the two points, but also because the play call--TJ straight up the gut--was an announcement of what we intended to do the rest of the game.

    Here it comes.
    You know it's coming.
    You still can't stop it.

    That's Alabama football.
    Last edited by jthomas666; December 2nd, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

  10. #9

    Re: Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a vict

    Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    .

    Here it comes.
    You know it's coming.
    You still can't stop it.
    Bingo.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!