Biggest Play of the Game (Poll) -- the play that most critical is assuring a victory!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What's your vote for the Biggest Play of the Game - the one play that would have kept us from winning --

I know there were several -- but which one was your favorite?

I meant to set this up as a Poll -- oh well.....here are some of my favorites:

1. The Ha Ha - INT
2. The Yeldon 1st Down on 3rd and 5 setting up .....
3. The TD Pass to Cooper
4. The Jesse Williams and Crew stopping UGA on 3rd and 1 giving us the ball back
5. The CJ tipped pass on the last play of the game
6. The "Cyclone" spin move that went for 30+ up the sideline
7. Yeldon's 2 pt conversion

What say you?

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Yeldon's 3rd down conversion was an amazing 5 yard considering he got hit after only 1 yard. It was huge.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Because the game was in doubt until the play was made, my vote for biggest play of the game is #5, C.J.s tipped pass. I couldn't help but rank the others, though (kept your numbers, but arranged per my ranking):

5. The CJ tipped pass on the last play of the game
3. The TD Pass to Cooper
7. Yeldon's 2 pt conversion
2. The Yeldon 1st Down on 3rd and 5 setting up .....
4. The Jesse Williams and Crew stopping UGA on 3rd and 1 giving us the ball back
1. The Ha Ha - INT
6. The "Cyclone" spin move that went for 30+ up the sideline

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
CJ Mosley tipped pass is #1 in my opinion.

All of those plays were big and beneficial to Alabama's win. But Mosley getting that tip is what sealed the victory and gave us a trip to Miami.

Also it was very nice of the UGA receiver to catch the ball. Without the catch UGA gets another shot to score.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Though not the most impressive, the two point conversion proved to be the biggest play directly related to the outcome. We play it safe and go for one, which is what most all of us would probably admit to choosing at the time, and UGA spikes the ball to take one shot to the endzone knowing they can kick a short FG if a fade to the corner doesn't work.

We God forbid don't get the conversion and UGA spikes the ball and trots the FG team on for highly likely winning kick. It was the call and result that the season hinged on... and I'm still scared we're not going to get it. Haha
What's more "football" than the way it came about though? Spread everyone out and do the obvious yet unthinkable, shoving it right now Georgia's A-gap throat.

As far as impressiveness goes, Mosley's tip was a monster play, and it would serve everyone well to ALWAYS remember Yeldon's 3rd and 5 run. He got a small seal block to help, but that play was 85% personal effort on his part.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Though not the most impressive, the two point conversion proved to be the biggest play directly related to the outcome. We play it safe and go for one, which is what most all of us would probably admit to choosing at the time, and UGA spikes the ball to take one shot to the endzone knowing they can kick a short FG if a fade to the corner doesn't work.

We God forbid don't get the conversion and UGA spikes the ball and trots the FG team on for highly likely winning kick. It was the call and result that the season hinged on... and I'm still scared we're not going to get it. Haha
What's more "football" than the way it came about though? Spread everyone out and do the obvious yet unthinkable, shoving it right now Georgia's A-gap throat.

As far as impressiveness goes, Mosley's tip was a monster play, and it would serve everyone well to ALWAYS remember Yeldon's 3rd and 5 run. He got a small seal block to help, but that play was 85% personal effort on his part.
True. The 2 point conversion was crucial. If we don't get the 2 points all Georgia has to do is kick a field goal later in the game to win 31-30. If we go for one and then Georgia ties the game up with a FG we go into overtime.

This is a tough list to choose from.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
True. The 2 point conversion was crucial. If we don't get the 2 points all Georgia has to do is kick a field goal later in the game to win 31-30. If we go for one and then Georgia ties the game up with a FG we go into overtime.

This is a tough list to choose from.
Agree very tough list & also the 2 point play was it for me mainly because I thought it was crazy at the time, helps put me back in my place.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I kind of lean towards the 2pt conversion, not just because of the importance of the two points, but also because the play call--TJ straight up the gut--was an announcement of what we intended to do the rest of the game.

Here it comes.
You know it's coming.
You still can't stop it.

That's Alabama football.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.