Cooper vs. Julio as Freshman comparisons

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
One of the reasons Julio dropped passes is he was such a great blocker for our backs. He was so determined and physical he kept himself banged up, hands especially.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Cooper sure has great concentration and a pair of great hands to control the ball.

Evidence: that first long catch yesterday. That was a GREAT play by Cooper. On that last catch for some reason he slowed down then went after the ball. Great movement to the ball and catch.

I can't wait to see #7 back next year + Chris Black and DeAndrew White along with Amari Cooper and who ever Coach Saban recruits this year. Coach, look for a tall receiver, about 6'5" and 230 lbs with great movement to the ball and great hands that catch oblong balls.

Hopefully, A. J. will be around to throw the ball to them in between runs by T. J. Yeldon, et al.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
Julio's dropped two open TD's in the NFL. But he's also caught several balls he shouldn't even have been able to touch.
These kinds of things have a knack of evening themselves out.

And Julio DID NOT drop balls Freshman year. That was afterwards. So that has no place in this thread in my opinion.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Julio's dropped two open TD's in the NFL. But he's also caught several balls he shouldn't even have been able to touch.
These kinds of things have a knack of evening themselves out.

And Julio DID NOT drop balls Freshman year. That was afterwards. So that has no place in this thread in my opinion.
I've said in the past that McElroy should have thrown most of JJ balls slightly out of reach. He always seem to have a knack for snatching hard to grab balls. I think it was a concentration thing for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.