GMac replacing Sanchez right now

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He would have started at Jacksonville while he's a media circus in New York. His agent advised him poorly. If McElroy gets another chance, he might get Sanchez in some pink slip trouble.
I am glad someone agrees. I think his ego got the best of him too.

Why it took this long for foot fettish man to do this is anybody's guess. I think he's just stubborn like his dad, but I liked Buddy. I said, to low approval, before the season that Tebow was signed as a gimic and should have gone to Jacksonville, his hometown. They have all but forgotten him up there. The worst city in the world for a vocal christian imo.
From what I've gathered, it was Tebow's decision not to go to Jacksonville.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
Why it took this long for foot fettish man to do this is anybody's guess. I think he's just stubborn like his dad, but I liked Buddy. I said, to low approval, before the season that Tebow was signed as a gimic and should have gone to Jacksonville, his hometown. They have all but forgotten him up there. The worst city in the world for a vocal christian imo.
No thanks. Glad that we don't have the Bustbow circus in Jacksonville.

He would have started at Jacksonville while he's a media circus in New York. His agent advised him poorly. If McElroy gets another chance, he might get Sanchez in some pink slip trouble.
No, he wouldn't. He'd have never beaten out Henne or Gabbert even if he did come down here, plus Mularkey straight up told him during the off-season that he wouldn't be a QB if he came down to the Jags.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I missed the game because I was out at the mall. Great for him. I hope Rex keeps him starter.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Even if it just lights a fire under Sanchez
I view Greg in the same light as Alex Smith. He's not going to ever be mistaken for Tom Brady, A. Rodgers, or any of the Mannings. But he's not going to cost you many games. That type quarterback also takes the pressure off the coaching staff of deciding whether to put the game on his back or not and puts them in a position to build the team up at RB, OL and defense. Because "we" all know we don't have a qb who's going to carry the team so let's go out and get this kid some help. It becomes "team focused" rather than franchise quarterback focused.

Greg is intelligent, hard worker and has the drive to lead any group of men. Whether it's Boy Scouts or a football team. He brings some of the most important intangibles to the table. So I believe if Rex was smart he'd use this time to see what he really has in Greg and if he passes the eye test. I'd take the San Francisco Forty Niners approach (pre-Kaepernick) and run with it.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I don't think very many Jets fans are interested in lighting a fire under Sanchez unless he's tied to a stake.
Well fans aren't the ones with the 8 million dollar investment, and also aren't the ones making personnel decisions. If the Jets think they can get their money's worth out of Sanchez, they're going to try to do it.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Well fans aren't the ones with the 8 million dollar investment, and also aren't the ones making personnel decisions. If the Jets think they can get their money's worth out of Sanchez, they're going to try to do it.
Just poking fun. I should've put an emoticon in there the first time. :wink:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Just poking fun. I should've put an emoticon in there the first time. :wink:
Heh, I don't care about Jets fans. They will turn on GMac just as fast as they turned on Sanchez if he doesn't deliver what they think they are entitled to. I would like to see him get the chance, but I think he's better off in another city, but where would he go?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Heh, I don't care about Jets fans. They will turn on GMac just as fast as they turned on Sanchez if he doesn't deliver what they think they are entitled to. I would like to see him get the chance, but I think he's better off in another city, but where would he go?
Wherever Tebow goes. I think GMac could make a career out of punking TT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.