Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 27
  1. #1
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

    1. Notre Dame back with a national following
    2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
    3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
    4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.
    5. People may dislike one of the teams and want to see them get whipped.


    It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

    Comments appreciated.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    69

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Yup

  4. #3
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oxford, AL
    Posts
    402

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

    1. Notre Dame back with a national following
    2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
    3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
    4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.
    5. People may dislike one of the teams and want to see them get whipped.


    It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

    Comments appreciated.
    In #2, are you saying top 3 as in we are behind ND and OSU in number of fans? If so, you might have to throw the Longhorns in there as a top fanbase as in #'s.

  5. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Also, considering the two most watched games of the season were the ND/USC game and the SECCG.
    Roll Tide

  6. #5
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by bradley30 View Post
    In #2, are you saying top 3 as in we are behind ND and OSU in number of fans? If so, you might have to throw the Longhorns in there as a top fanbase as in #'s.
    Something like that

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,353
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

    1. Notre Dame back with a national following
    2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
    3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
    4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.
    5. People may dislike one of the teams and want to see them get whipped.


    It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

    Comments appreciated.
    Isn't it on ESPN? If so, I really think it would get more viewers on ABC. It really should be shown on ABC and ESPN to get every viewer possible. Some people just don't watch ESPN. We need ABC viewers.

    Don't teams get more viewers when the weekly game is shown by ESPN on ABC?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

  8. #7
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    The fact it's on cable will make it hard to beat the broadcast network numbers. The highest rated championship game has been the Texas/USC game, which got a 21.7. The highest rated championship game on cable was Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1. LSU/Alabama got a 14.0 last year.

    This year's game will probably beat both those numbers, but it will be very hard to pull a 21.7 on cable, especially when there are other options to watch the game (Online, via phones/tablets, etc.)

    The ratings for all BCS championship games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_Nat...ame#Television
    Last edited by DiamondDust; December 2nd, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  9. #8
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oxford, AL
    Posts
    402

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Something like that
    Sorry wasn't trying to. Was really just curious as to peoples thoughts on who actually the top 5 fanbases everyone thought were. But, good points going back to your original post.

  10. #9
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    7,433
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    The fact it's on cable will make it hard to beat the broadcast network numbers. The highest rated championship game has been the Texas/USC game, which got a 21.7. The highest rated championship game on cable was Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1. LSU/Alabama got a 14.0 last year.

    This year's game will probably beat both those numbers, but it will be very hard to pull a 21.7 on cable.
    With the iffy digital airwaves, it may not have as much of effect. Most rural folks have satellite from my experience.

  11. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    With the iffy digital airwaves, it may not have as much of effect. Most rural folks have satellite from my experience.
    As I said, it'll probably top the 16.1 Auburn/Oregon did, but it will fall short of the 21.7 USC/Texas did.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  12. #11
    BamaNation All-SEC skipster63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Coppell, Texas
    Posts
    1,676
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    I agree with this. With the SEC fatigue, lack of garnering a big market like CA, and no Reggie Bush.....no way it tops TX/USC.

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    Quote Originally Posted by skipster63 View Post
    I agree with this. With the SEC fatigue, lack of garnering a big market like CA, and no Reggie Bush.....no way it tops TX/USC.
    Notre Dame will bring in the Chicago market, but one has to understand a lot of the big markets don't watch anyways. Birmingham is usually the highest rated market, regardless who is playing.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  14. #13
    BamaNation First Team TheOysterMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    917
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

    Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

    I'm pretty sure it will be an "ESPN football on ABC" deal. But I could be wrong. I think from the outside looking in, this is 2 of the most hated teams in football playing each other. It would be like a Yankees/Cardinals world series. I almost do not want to see how much hype this game will conjure up.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!