Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

1. Notre Dame back with a national following
    2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
    3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
    4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.
    5. People may dislike one of the teams and want to see them get whipped.

It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

Comments appreciated.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

Yup

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
    3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
    4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.

It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

Comments appreciated.
    In #2, are you saying top 3 as in we are behind ND and OSU in number of fans? If so, you might have to throw the Longhorns in there as a top fanbase as in #'s.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Also, considering the two most watched games of the season were the ND/USC game and the SECCG.
    Roll Tide

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bradley30 View Post
    In #2, are you saying top 3 as in we are behind ND and OSU in number of fans? If so, you might have to throw the Longhorns in there as a top fanbase as in #'s.
    Something like that

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Comments appreciated.
    Isn't it on ESPN? If so, I really think it would get more viewers on ABC. It really should be shown on ABC and ESPN to get every viewer possible. Some people just don't watch ESPN. We need ABC viewers.

Don't teams get more viewers when the weekly game is shown by ESPN on ABC?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

The fact it's on cable will make it hard to beat the broadcast network numbers. The highest rated championship game has been the Texas/USC game, which got a 21.7. The highest rated championship game on cable was Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1. LSU/Alabama got a 14.0 last year.

This year's game will probably beat both those numbers, but it will be very hard to pull a 21.7 on cable, especially when there are other options to watch the game (Online, via phones/tablets, etc.)

The ratings for all BCS championship games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_Nat...ame#Television
    Last edited by DiamondDust; December 2nd, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team

Something like that
    Sorry wasn't trying to. Was really just curious as to peoples thoughts on who actually the top 5 fanbases everyone thought were. But, good points going back to your original post.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    The fact it's on cable will make it hard to beat the broadcast network numbers. The highest rated championship game has been the Texas/USC game, which got a 21.7. The highest rated championship game on cable was Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1. LSU/Alabama got a 14.0 last year.

This year's game will probably beat both those numbers, but it will be very hard to pull a 21.7 on cable.
    With the iffy digital airwaves, it may not have as much of effect. Most rural folks have satellite from my experience.

With the iffy digital airwaves, it may not have as much of effect. Most rural folks have satellite from my experience.
    As I said, it'll probably top the 16.1 Auburn/Oregon did, but it will fall short of the 21.7 USC/Texas did.

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I agree with this. With the SEC fatigue, lack of garnering a big market like CA, and no Reggie Bush.....no way it tops TX/USC.

Quote Originally Posted by skipster63 View Post
    I agree with this. With the SEC fatigue, lack of garnering a big market like CA, and no Reggie Bush.....no way it tops TX/USC.
    Notre Dame will bring in the Chicago market, but one has to understand a lot of the big markets don't watch anyways. Birmingham is usually the highest rated market, regardless who is playing.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team TheOysterMan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

I'm pretty sure it will be an "ESPN football on ABC" deal. But I could be wrong. I think from the outside looking in, this is 2 of the most hated teams in football playing each other. It would be like a Yankees/Cardinals world series. I almost do not want to see how much hype this game will conjure up.