Alabama vs. Notre Dame will Shatter the BCSCG ratings record

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

1. Notre Dame back with a national following
2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.
5. People may dislike one of the teams and want to see them get whipped.

It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

Comments appreciated.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Sorry no article, but common sense tell me that this game is going to be huge, and not all because of Notre Dame. It will shatter the ratings record.

2. Alabama - a top 3 team in fan base, has been the dominant team for the past three+ seasons and will bring the SEC.
3. Tradition - This game will attract people that might have let the game pass them by, and also ensure that all purist don't miss it.
4. It's a heavy weight fight with a low point spread. Both teams are pro style, tough teams and the line will be around 3 by kickoff.

It will be the most watched BCSCG by substantial amount and will receive more pregame hype than the past several games, if not all of them.

Comments appreciated.
In #2, are you saying top 3 as in we are behind ND and OSU in number of fans? If so, you might have to throw the Longhorns in there as a top fanbase as in #'s.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Comments appreciated.
Isn't it on ESPN? If so, I really think it would get more viewers on ABC. It really should be shown on ABC and ESPN to get every viewer possible. Some people just don't watch ESPN. We need ABC viewers.

Don't teams get more viewers when the weekly game is shown by ESPN on ABC?

The fact it's on cable will make it hard to beat the broadcast network numbers. The highest rated championship game has been the Texas/USC game, which got a 21.7. The highest rated championship game on cable was Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1. LSU/Alabama got a 14.0 last year.

This year's game will probably beat both those numbers, but it will be very hard to pull a 21.7 on cable, especially when there are other options to watch the game (Online, via phones/tablets, etc.)

The ratings for all BCS championship games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_National_Championship_Game#Television

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The fact it's on cable will make it hard to beat the broadcast network numbers. The highest rated championship game has been the Texas/USC game, which got a 21.7. The highest rated championship game on cable was Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1. LSU/Alabama got a 14.0 last year.

This year's game will probably beat both those numbers, but it will be very hard to pull a 21.7 on cable.
With the iffy digital airwaves, it may not have as much of effect. Most rural folks have satellite from my experience.

I'm pretty sure it will be an "ESPN football on ABC" deal. But I could be wrong. I think from the outside looking in, this is 2 of the most hated teams in football playing each other. It would be like a Yankees/Cardinals world series. I almost do not want to see how much hype this game will conjure up.

I'm pretty sure it will be an "ESPN football on ABC" deal. But I could be wrong. I think from the outside looking in, this is 2 of the most hated teams in football playing each other. It would be like a Yankees/Cardinals world series. I almost do not want to see how much hype this game will conjure up.
No it won't. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Maybe I should amend, if all things were equal it would shatter the record........although I still believe it will.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I would like to think SEC fans would pull for Bama but sometimes I wonder...
I think most will, actually. I have a lot of UF, auburn, and sc fans as friends and they've all said "please kill notre dame."

Additionally, although this will be on cable, I agree with CT it will break 21.7 jmo.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Part of what will see to that is the hype this matchup will receive.

At the same time, the next five weeks will go by so slooowwww...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.