Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Georgia's loss parallels ours to Florida in 2008 SECCG?

I agree with you BET, this was their year if they were going to do it. They will be good next year on O if Murray comes back but their D will be average at best. They will probably have their typical Ga year going somewhere around 9-4.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

UGA loses at least 8 guys off the defense including Jenkins, Jones, Ogletree and the entire secondary.

They do get pretty much everyone back on offense, so they'll be a handful there, but we all know how that book ends.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Parallels all depends on the player's response to the game. I think this one hurts more in my opinion though the stakes were the same. They didn't play poorly, they were 4 yards from the endzone when time expired. Alabama had a complete offensive collapse in the fourth quarter while Tebow finally cracked the code of our defense and tore us a new one. Alabama left that game knowing Florida completely outplayed them in the fourth quarter while Georgia probably feels they just ran out of time. Psychologically, I think the latter is harder to recover from than the former.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the main differences for me was that in 2008, we knew that was the least talented team Saban was ever going to have at Alabama. Whereas I believe Richt is going to be hard pressed to have another team like he had this year, especially one that coincides with the weak schedule.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Georgia has peaked, at least for a few years. They don't have a Saban who can instantly reload. They'll be down before they are up again.

Part of the issue is that enough of Richt's good guy persona has rubbed off to see him for what he really is. He is a win at all cost coach. He not only doesn't properly discipline his players, he revels in this on the border of chaos style. He doesn't mind penaltys, he has encouraged unsportsmanlike behavior, he openly states he lets his players coach themselves to a certain extent. Had he resorted to Auburn's recruiting tactics his team would be as bad as they are, his only saving grace is he doesn't seem to be recruiting active gang members and the like.

He is a good coach in a lot of ways, I'm not so sure he's good for his players. Also, he's flirted with disaster for a long time. He's managed just enough discipline and order to keep people in line and his player friendly coach stuff goes over well with 18 year old kids. But, I think he's more likely to run off the track than to maintain truly elite status.