Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Who's pulling for the husky's of niu ?

Hope NIU gets embarrassed. Oklahoma deserves to go over them.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Who's Pulling for the Huskies of NIU?

Exactly why should I pull for NIU? Win or lose, they certainly do not deserve to be in the game regardless of what the BCS contract says.

BamaNation Second Team

Not me. They don't deserve to be there, even if they are 11-1. They don't play tough competition week in and week out. These games are supposed to be good and competitive. The BCS system has become a joke with all of the rules.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    I am ! I would love it, FREE SHOES U WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BLOW THEM OUT!!!! But upset's happen!
    Not me because they don't deserve to be there.

Re: Who's pulling for the husky's of niu ?

I cannot fathom rooting for a team that shouldn't even be there.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

i just don't see the big deal here. Hawaii, Boise (2x i think), and TCU have all been non-AQ teams that made the BCS. They don't deserve it any less than those teams. NIU has been more than solid for some time now and, along with ND, have the longest current winning streak in NCAAF

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    i just don't see the big deal here. Hawaii, Boise (2x i think), and TCU have all been non-AQ teams that made the BCS. They don't deserve it any less than those teams. NIU has been more than solid for some time now and, along with ND, have the longest current winning streak in NCAAF
    All those teams were in the top six or eight, iirc - not 16th place, bumping more deserving teams like UGA and OU.

No one in their right mind thinks NIU will hang with a real BCS team.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

I hope NIU gets beat by a thousand. and its nothing to do with them. Congratulations, you went what 11-1 in the MAC? If you were great players and you expected to go to games like the Orange Bowl or BCS games, then you would have been good enough to get a scholarship to get a major college scholarship. I think its crap. They are ranked 16th and there are 15 teams that would be double digit favorites against them on a neutral field. Let them go play in the Motor City classic and let Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU, and South Carolina in the dang BCS. Better yet, let Northern Illinios play Louisville...that way whoever calls the game can gush about NIU's QB that broke Tebow and Cam's numbers against the mighty MAC conference and Teddy bridgestone who throws for 60 percent against those vaunted Big East defenses. give me a dang break....

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

You guys need to lighten up some.. Go Huskies! They are more deserving than Louisville...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I loved Jordan Lynch's comment on Gameday tonight. His quote was; "We deserve to play in the BCS. We've won a ton of games, we won our conference, and we go into every MAC game with a big target on our back, so yes we deserve to be there." Really Jordan? You have a target on your back against all the MAC teams? That's like saying you are the most picked on kid in your homeschool. That's like saying you won an ice cream eating contest against someone who is lactose intolerant. I can't wait to see Florida State run the out of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    I loved Jordan Lynch's comment on Gameday tonight. His quote was; "We deserve to play in the BCS. We've won a ton of games, we won our conference, and we go into every MAC game with a big target on our back, so yes we deserve to be there." Really Jordan? You have a target on your back against all the MAC teams? That's like saying you are the most picked on kid in your homeschool. That's like saying you won an ice cream eating contest against someone who is lactose intolerant. I can't wait to see Florida State run the out of the stadium.
    Yes, he also said they deserved to be there because they beat #17 Kent State. hahahahahahhahahah. didn't Kentucky beat them too? Lets throw Kentucky against NIU and gimme the Big Blue -3

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheOysterMan View Post
    Yes, he also said they deserved to be there because they beat #17 Kent State. hahahahahahhahahah. didn't Kentucky beat them too? Lets throw Kentucky against NIU and gimme the Big Blue -3

Not only did Kentucky beat them, they demolished them by 33. If you lose to anyone by 33, much less Kentucky, you probably shouldn't be in consideration for the BCS. Jus sayin
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; December 2nd, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: formatting

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    FYI...the other teams you just compared NIU to were undefeated. NIU lost a game to...[clears throat]...Iowa...[clears throat]...that's 4-8 Iowa.
    Last edited by Tide1986; December 2nd, 2012 at 09:26 PM.