Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC rolltideface's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Who's Pulling for the Huskies of NIU?

Well- If I actually thought that it would change the way the BCS does things with these limitations and stupid rules then I'm all for FSU putting it on 'em. But I don't think it will change anything so i think it would be funny to watch Jimbo squirm and possibly lose this game. Besides- I hate being the only big name school that the Huskies have ever beaten (within the last decade at least) let 'em add FSU to that list.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    You guys need to lighten up some.. Go Huskies! They are more deserving than Louisville...
    This is hilarious. Who said Louisville is deserving??? Neither team is deserving. The current BCS is a HUGE problem. Only the NC and Fiesta bowl matchups are good.

I hope NIU and Louisville lose by 30+.

NIU beat Buffalo 45-3. UGA beat Buffalo 45-23.

I have no issue with it. It's not even in the top 10 biggest BCS game screw ups.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post

I have no issue with it. It's not even in the top 10 biggest BCS game screw ups.
    And by the way, who did NIU drop a game to?

BamaNation First Team Huckleberry's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

I hope NIU is completely destroyed. The only way this game would be fun to watch would be if the old Cumberland College record were to fall. Putting them in a BCS game is a joke on football fans and an insult to major football teams.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    And by the way, who did NIU drop a game to?
    "The Worst team in the Big Ten" Iowa...

BamaNation First Team TheOysterMan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I hope NIU is completely destroyed. The only way this game would be fun to watch would be if the old Cumberland College record were to fall. Putting them in a BCS game is a joke on football fans and an insult to major football teams.
    Insult to major football teams...thats exactly the term I was looking for. Well said

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post

So by that logic I guess NIU would have beaten Alabama? Come on man. It's a ridiculous selection resulting from a ridiculous rule.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I love how suddenly the Orange Bowl became some sacrosanct entity. People seem to forget that once it #1 and #2 were selected, the BCS Bowls were NEVER about placing the most qualified teams in the remaining spots. The BCS itself put this rule in place so it wouldn't get hit with an anti-trust lawsuit.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

If this was a 16-team playoff, NIU would be seeded #15 and would play the #2 seed. (For the benefit of any barners reading, that team would be Alabama.) Since NIU isn't close to being one of the top 50 teams in the nation, they would have absolutely no chance against that particular team. Therefore, their only real shot at victory would be to put the other team's best players out. Chop-blocks, late hits, you name it -- and why not? Take a few penalties, win a few games, and collect millions of dollars. (Please note that I'm only using the current teams as an example. I'm sure NIU would not stoop to such a level, regardless of the money involved.)

My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I love how suddenly the Orange Bowl became some sacrosanct entity. People seem to forget that once it #1 and #2 were selected, the BCS Bowls were NEVER about placing the most qualified teams in the remaining spots. The BCS itself put this rule in place so it wouldn't get hit with an anti-trust lawsuit.
    And isn't that sad? To avoid lawsuits brought by schools with no chance at the BCS money, we're now guaranteed a chance at one good bowl game a year.Wait until the playoff system starts and all the directional schools feel left out. It's way past time for the major conferences to separate from the NCAA and form their own system. I know it's been tried before, but maybe it would work this time. Otherwise, we could end up with federally-mandated revenue sharing in college football. Wouldn't that be great? We could even draw names out of a big fishbowl to determine who gets which recruit. Parity is so interesting.

NIU wasn't selected for a BCS game. That's not how it this worked out. It's like saying UGA was selected for the SECCG..

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

People who hate the BCS...you only have one more year, then you can fuss about playoff selections