Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: Who's Pulling for the Huskies of NIU?

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    And isn't that sad? To avoid lawsuits brought by schools with no chance at the BCS money, we're now guaranteed a chance at one good bowl game a year.Wait until the playoff system starts and all the directional schools feel left out. It's way past time for the major conferences to separate from the NCAA and form their own system. I know it's been tried before, but maybe it would work this time. Otherwise, we could end up with federally-mandated revenue sharing in college football. Wouldn't that be great? We could even draw names out of a big fishbowl to determine who gets which recruit. Parity is so interesting.
    Not sad to me considering the Orange Bowl is just another bowl game. Everything past the BCS Championship is just another bowl game.

And the whole "split from the NCAA" system argue is incredibly tired considering the major conferences make up the NCAA and could have split at any time now. They aren't leaving so please get that idea out of your system.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

I wonder if NIU will have more than 1000 fans there. The ESPN crew said something about their average attendance this year being 15,600 per game. This is a joke. Who wants to watch FSU-NIU, or even Florida-Louisville. Krymsonman

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I wonder if NIU will have more than 1000 fans there. The ESPN crew said something about their average attendance this year being 15,600 per game. This is a joke. Who wants to watch FSU-NIU, or even Florida-Louisville. Krymsonman
    I doubt the people running the Orange Bowl, the same who will be running the Alabama/Notre Dame game, will be complaining much.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I doubt the people running the Orange Bowl, the same who will be running the Alabama/Notre Dame game, will be complaining much.
    Stop with the logic...

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Not sad to me considering the Orange Bowl is just another bowl game. Everything past the BCS Championship is just another bowl game.
    Just another bowl game - with a $17M payout.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team

Well, I am certainly pulling for them to beat FSU; but they do not deserve to be in the game. It is a joke they are in it considering how many teams are more deserving.

BamaNation First Team

I for one am happy to see them in and I hope they beat FSU. The whole BSC system suxs but if you really want to complain how about a five loss team in an a horrible big least team in. That is what a joke the BCS is.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: Who's pulling for the husky's of niu ?

Not me. I rather see the big boys play. They need to change it so 4 SEC teams can get in a BCS Bowl. Having the little guys win is just more argument for the non sense of you need to win your conference to go to a good bowl.

BamaNation First Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar

I vividly remember NIU beating Alabama in Bryant-Denny. (One of the lowlights of the Shula era.) I won't be pulling for them...

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by califbamafan View Post
    I for one am happy to see them in and I hope they beat FSU. The whole BSC system suxs but if you really want to complain how about a five loss team in an a horrible big least team in. That is what a joke the BCS is.
    +1

This... Not sure how people can rail against NIU when the Big East and Big Ten BCS representatievs are both ranked behind them. Heck, the MAC might be better than the Big Ten and the Big East this year. Furthermore, all the teams near NIU in the rankings needed to lose for them to move up (sound familiar to our situation)... guess what, they nearly all lost:

#16 UCLA lost
    #17 Kent State lost to NIU
    #18 Texas lost
    #12 Nebraska obliterated by a 5 loss team
    #24 Okalahome State lost

I want FSU to stomp the "fly in the ointment". This is why Saban pushes for the best teams in a playoff rather than the conference champions model. Look at the B1G champ Wisconsin with 5 losses.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    I am ! I would love it, FREE SHOES U WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BLOW THEM OUT!!!! But upset's happen!

Not me, it's a joke that they are in a BCS game...

BamaNation All-SEC

I am. Go Huskies!