Who's Pulling for the Huskies of NIU?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Who's pulling for the husky's of niu ?

I would love to see them beat FSU just to shut Jimbo up about them being in the title hunt. They've yet to beat a good team.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Who knows? FSU seemingly plays down to all of it's opponents and Stoops will be at UK.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

FSU will win by 30+. NIU is terrible, and should not be in a BCS game over OU or another SEC team. They lost to a horrible Iowa team and barely beat Kansas.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

I can't pull for them, because I know they don't deserve to be there. They weaseled their way in, by no fault of their own, but many good teams will be playing lesser bowls due to their inclusion.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL

I can't pull for them, because I know they don't deserve to be there. They weaseled their way in, by no fault of their own, but many good teams will be playing lesser bowls due to their inclusion.
Totally agree with this. They have no business being in the BCS. Just like Louisville has no business going to the Sugar Bowl. What a bunch of terrible games.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Who's pulling for the husky's of niu ?

This. They got it because of the rules establish at no fault of their own. BUT, look who got shafted: 4 SEC teams and Oklahoma. If NUI was even in the ACC, we would not be having this conversation.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Exactly why should I pull for NIU? Win or lose, they certainly do not deserve to be in the game regardless of what the BCS contract says.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Not me. They don't deserve to be there, even if they are 11-1. They don't play tough competition week in and week out. These games are supposed to be good and competitive. The BCS system has become a joke with all of the rules.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
i just don't see the big deal here. Hawaii, Boise (2x i think), and TCU have all been non-AQ teams that made the BCS. They don't deserve it any less than those teams. NIU has been more than solid for some time now and, along with ND, have the longest current winning streak in NCAAF

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i just don't see the big deal here. Hawaii, Boise (2x i think), and TCU have all been non-AQ teams that made the BCS. They don't deserve it any less than those teams. NIU has been more than solid for some time now and, along with ND, have the longest current winning streak in NCAAF
All those teams were in the top six or eight, iirc - not 16th place, bumping more deserving teams like UGA and OU.

No one in their right mind thinks NIU will hang with a real BCS team.

I hope NIU gets beat by a thousand. and its nothing to do with them. Congratulations, you went what 11-1 in the MAC? If you were great players and you expected to go to games like the Orange Bowl or BCS games, then you would have been good enough to get a scholarship to get a major college scholarship. I think its crap. They are ranked 16th and there are 15 teams that would be double digit favorites against them on a neutral field. Let them go play in the Motor City classic and let Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU, and South Carolina in the dang BCS. Better yet, let Northern Illinios play Louisville...that way whoever calls the game can gush about NIU's QB that broke Tebow and Cam's numbers against the mighty MAC conference and Teddy bridgestone who throws for 60 percent against those vaunted Big East defenses. give me a dang break....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.