Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Just How Beat Up Are We - Injuries

Seems like the injuries are really taking their toll and a lot more going down last night with numerous guys more than likely needing surgery after the season.Jones, McCarron, Williams just to name a few. But just how healthy will we be in a month?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Just How Beat Up Are We - Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJoe View Post
    Seems like the injuries are really taking their toll and a lot more going down last night with numerous guys more than likely needing surgery after the season.Jones, McCarron, Williams just to name a few. But just how healthy will we be in a month?
    Other than the guys that have been out all/most of the season, I would pretty much expect everyone who`s dinged up will be ready. Barrett`s already said he`ll play and Jessie and Stinson, both of whom went down, came back in and played.

Suspended

We will be close to 100% in 5 weeks. Similar to the Michigan game.

15 is on the way.

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

There is already a thread on this....
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJoe View Post
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The nature and extent of the injuries which we have experienced this year is staggering.

I believe CNS responded to a question during the post-game presser that it is unprecedented [presumably during his tenure at Bama...]

I've never seen anything like it, and can only pray that, as other posters say above, most of our injured guys will be good to go Jan 7th...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Other than the guys that have been out all/most of the season, I would pretty much expect everyone who`s dinged up will be ready. Barrett`s already said he`ll play and Jessie and Stinson, both of whom went down, came back in and played.

I think we've got a lot of little nagging injuries that 5 weeks off will help with...we should be better and halthier come January 7th.

except for the season ending injuries, of course.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I think part of the decline in our play in the latter part of the season was due to players that were healthy enough to play but weren't healthy. I didn't realize Barrett Jones had been playing with a nagging injury. We all knew about the notable injuries at WR. Cooper with his nagging ankle injury. Also, Lacy with his on going issue with his ankle. AJ with his shoulder.

Taking a step back and looking at the totality of all of these "minor" injuries it is a wonder we didn't lose more than one game. Five weeks ought to cure all of that.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

I believe I did read that they were going to do an MRI on Williams just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the knee. It's likely just a precaution. Hopefully that will be fine and Ivory will be full strength. Without them both we got owned up the middle.
    BS 1989

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I believe I did read that they were going to do an MRI on Williams just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the knee. It's likely just a precaution. Hopefully that will be fine and Ivory will be full strength. Without them both we got owned up the middle.
    Dude no doubt about that. It was amazing to see how Jawga (as soon as they realized Williams was out) started immediately running between the tackles. HUGE running lanes!!!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    The nature and extent of the injuries which we have experienced this year is staggering.

I believe CNS responded to a question during the post-game presser that it is unprecedented [presumably during his tenure at Bama...]

I've never seen anything like it, and can only pray that, as other posters say above, most of our injured guys will be good to go Jan 7th...

IIRC, he actually said that it was the most injuries he has had on a team as a head coach.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Resilience. This team's got it.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

any chance that Bell will be ok to go? it will be right at 5 weeks for him.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Second Team Tripping_Saylor's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

The really cool thing is that we can't blame anything on the injuries. Bama just has so much talent that all we do is plug in the next man up. This could not be said on the previous coaching staff.