Just How Beat Up Are We - Injuries

BamaJoe

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Seems like the injuries are really taking their toll and a lot more going down last night with numerous guys more than likely needing surgery after the season.Jones, McCarron, Williams just to name a few. But just how healthy will we be in a month?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Seems like the injuries are really taking their toll and a lot more going down last night with numerous guys more than likely needing surgery after the season.Jones, McCarron, Williams just to name a few. But just how healthy will we be in a month?
Other than the guys that have been out all/most of the season, I would pretty much expect everyone who`s dinged up will be ready. Barrett`s already said he`ll play and Jessie and Stinson, both of whom went down, came back in and played.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
We will be close to 100% in 5 weeks. Similar to the Michigan game.

15 is on the way.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There is already a thread on this....

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The nature and extent of the injuries which we have experienced this year is staggering.

I believe CNS responded to a question during the post-game presser that it is unprecedented [presumably during his tenure at Bama...]

I've never seen anything like it, and can only pray that, as other posters say above, most of our injured guys will be good to go Jan 7th...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Other than the guys that have been out all/most of the season, I would pretty much expect everyone who`s dinged up will be ready. Barrett`s already said he`ll play and Jessie and Stinson, both of whom went down, came back in and played.

I think we've got a lot of little nagging injuries that 5 weeks off will help with...we should be better and halthier come January 7th.

except for the season ending injuries, of course.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think part of the decline in our play in the latter part of the season was due to players that were healthy enough to play but weren't healthy. I didn't realize Barrett Jones had been playing with a nagging injury. We all knew about the notable injuries at WR. Cooper with his nagging ankle injury. Also, Lacy with his on going issue with his ankle. AJ with his shoulder.

Taking a step back and looking at the totality of all of these "minor" injuries it is a wonder we didn't lose more than one game. Five weeks ought to cure all of that.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I believe I did read that they were going to do an MRI on Williams just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the knee. It's likely just a precaution. Hopefully that will be fine and Ivory will be full strength. Without them both we got owned up the middle.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I believe I did read that they were going to do an MRI on Williams just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the knee. It's likely just a precaution. Hopefully that will be fine and Ivory will be full strength. Without them both we got owned up the middle.
Dude no doubt about that. It was amazing to see how Jawga (as soon as they realized Williams was out) started immediately running between the tackles. HUGE running lanes!!!

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
The nature and extent of the injuries which we have experienced this year is staggering.

I believe CNS responded to a question during the post-game presser that it is unprecedented [presumably during his tenure at Bama...]

I've never seen anything like it, and can only pray that, as other posters say above, most of our injured guys will be good to go Jan 7th...

IIRC, he actually said that it was the most injuries he has had on a team as a head coach.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
As long as we're healthy on the O-line and D-line, we'll be fine. One thing we saw against UGA is that we need either Jesse Williams or Brandon Ivory able to play; preferably both. Georgia gashed us inside when Williams was on the sideline. They ran it between the guard and the center for 7-10 yards a carry for a couple of drives. After reentering, Williams came up huge on third and 1 and held the point of attack. If he doesn't, we likely get the ball back with a minute to go down 3.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
And with the injuries there is the potential of being without #90 Dial for the BCSCG due to a possible suspension by the SEC. Seeing a lot of stuff today how the SEC officials say they missed the call. And they have suspended two players this year for similar hits.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
And with the injuries there is the potential of being without #90 Dial for the BCSCG due to a possible suspension by the SEC. Seeing a lot of stuff today how the SEC officials say they missed the call. And they have suspended two players this year for similar hits.
If they do, I hope our school fights it tooth and nail.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.