Early Lines for SEC Bowl Games

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Newspaper lines are off from time to time. It's somewhere around -10 anywhere that actually takes bets.
It seems that most lines are at 9.5 and one is at 10 right now.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/odds

Personally, I think that about 6 is what this line should be. I would not be on Alabama at --9.5. That line makes me nervous.

I do kinda like the over in this game (42).

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
A 9-team parlay is dang-near impossible to hit. I'm surprised if it only pays 150-1. No matter how good the SEC is - there's always that one or two teams that chokes.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
According to Wikipedia it is 300-1, although against the spread I don't know that I would take all 9 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would not take the 9 games against the spread...at least 2 will lose....at least.

Georgia always seems to flop durning bowl season (Michigan State last season rubbed me in particular...I was screaming at my TV for Richt to call a PASS for a first down and ice the game...their best weapon was Murray, and they were stuffing the run)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
UGA should cover that easily. Wisconsin showed precisely how good the Cornhuskers are. I like that LSU line, as well. Florida will beat the you know what out of Louisville, but I don't know that right now Will could get them to put up 17 points against air.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Just out of sheer, morbid curiosity... :)

How does one go about legally betting on college football? Do you have to go to Vegas?

Also - it's hard to tell from the different comments - are the parlays all straight-up, all against the spread, or either depending upon the parlay type or betting location or something?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Plenty of places online to set up an account...Parlays can vary...You can go with individual games on the money line (which won't really help because all SEC teamed are favorites) and that gives you a straight up bet, but you can also parlay a bunch of money line games together for better odds. Exp. If you played all 9 SEC games together (parlay) on the money line you'd get about 5.5:1...Hope that helps...Roll Tide!!!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Plenty of places online to set up an account...Parlays can vary...You can go with individual games on the money line (which won't really help because all SEC teamed are favorites) and that gives you a straight up bet, but you can also parlay a bunch of money line games together for better odds. Exp. If you played all 9 SEC games together (parlay) on the money line you'd get about 5.5:1...Hope that helps...Roll Tide!!!
I thought online gambling was illegal?

Was I just mistaken about that or did they change a law or something?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.