BCS travel plans

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
What's everyone's plans for the BCS game?

Flights have gotten expensive and full so we're flying Mobile to Fort Myers Friday and driving over to Miami Saturday morning. Driving through the Everglades should be interesting.

We're staying at the Loews on South Beach Saturday to Tuesday.

We have three tickets in section 453 Row 5.

Can't wait!

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Flying ATL-PBI Friday to Wednesday, staying at Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. Don't have any tickets and probably won't be able to afford any :(. Going to check out the game atmosphere and do some SCUBA diving in the area.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I sadly canceled my air that I booked early to Ft Lauderdale after the TX A&M loss. Then the air fares went way up after that game. So I booked my air to the Orlando airport because it was a lot cheaper. Same with the hotels. The Notre Dame fans yanked up the rooms. I will be staying at the New Casablanca Hotel on the Ocean at Miami Beach. Might be a bad selection on the hotel but many of the rooms are already booked up. I have tickets so good there.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I sadly canceled my air that I booked early to Ft Lauderdale after the TX A&M loss. Then the air fares went way up after that game. So I booked my air to the Orlando airport because it was a lot cheaper. Same with the hotels. The Notre Dame fans yanked up the rooms. I will be staying at the New Casablanca Hotel on the Ocean at Miami Beach. Might be a bad selection on the hotel but many of the rooms are already booked up. I have tickets so good there.
I'll swap my nice Marriott hotel for your tickets! :)

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
My wife and I were able to go to Pasadena for the championship game (while we were students at the time) because her uncle gave us tickets for Christmas. He's made some sort of a weird hint recently about it (before we'd beaten UGA on Saturday), and so if we were to get tickets, we'd probably just drive the day before, and drive back the day after.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I'm on the "Travelin' With The Tide" game-day charter. Fly in Monday afternoon, collect #15 at Sun Life Stadium, head back to the airport and fly back to Birmingham to sleep (a little) in my own bed. Just a pure business trip!

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I had the airline on the phone the second we stepped foot out of the Georgia Dome. Tickets were booked before we got onto Marta :). Generally Ft. Lauderdale is cheaper and Spirit Airlines is CHEAP out of Atlanta. The only catch to Spirit is that you pay for every little thing. There aren't any free checked bags or carry on bags. Plan to pack light to reduce the cost if you fly with them.

OK_BamaFan

1st Team
Oct 22, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Flying into Ft Lauderdale Friday, staying in South Beach through Monday night, back to Ft Lauderdale to celebrate on Tues. Looking forward to a fun trip with girlfriends and watching the Tide bring #15 home!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
DFW-FLL on 1/6 staying in Boca 1/6 & 1/7. Move to Marriott on the beach in Hollywood 1/8 and fly back at 9pm on 1/9. Figure celebrate #15 all day 1/8 and 1/9 on the beach.

jcaton11

Dec 3, 2012
We just sold out the Westin Beach Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale. Now selling a bunch of people to the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. This is a nice property and includes a free hot breakfast! We are working on our 2nd charter air flight out of Birmingham. WOW - this is going to be an awesome game!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.