Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Tider_in_GA's Avatar

Where is the pic of the Ga player poking Millner in the eye?

I re-watched the game last night and got a new perspective on this penalty. Yes the UGA player went to poke Milliners eye, yes Milliner retaliated. But the ref didn't throw the flag at that point. It happened right beside Ritter as he was signaling possession. The penalty came a few seconds later when the UGA player pushed Milliner AGAIN, and Milliner did nothing in return except maybe some jawing. Maybe what he said was enough for the penalty, IDK. But anywho, we still win. Roll Tide
    Last edited by Tider_in_GA; December 3rd, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Where is the pic of the Ga player poking Millner in the eye?

Now there is a suspension if the SEC office is interested in foul play......
    Last edited by Highway59; December 3rd, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by Tider_in_GA View Post
    I re-watched the game last night and got a new perspective on this penalty. Yes the UGA player went to poke Milliners eye, yes Milliner retaliated. But the ref didn't throw the at that point. It happened right beside Ritter as he was signaling possession. The penalty cane a few seconds later when the UGA player pushed Milliner AGAIN, and Milliner did nothing in return except maybe some jawing. Maybe what he said was enough for the penalty, IDK. But anywho, we still win. Roll Tide
    Yea i agree, I think Millner said something, possibly directly to the ref that drew the flag.
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Dont talk about what your going to do, just DO IT!

BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    If I remember correctly, wasn't this the situation that, when Gary and Verne realized that the GA player instigated by poking in the eye, Gary responded by saying, "Happens . . ."
    Nothing was said when Milliner was getting his eyes gauged out.

However, you're partly right ... On one of UGA's TD drives, on a Gurley TD run, Mosley got grabbed in the middle of the field and spun around and was unable to make the tackle at about the 5-yard line... and Gary's reaction was the refs missed one, but that it "happens".... LOL

I hate for it to have been a 'Bama player who had gotten away with one like that. I'm sure it wouldn't just "happen"... they would have replayed it a dozen times and brought it up constantly.

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I know they called Millner's number, but I thought the penalty was on someone else (Sunseri?) standing slightly away from the play and saying something. The ref looked right at him and then threw the flag.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

I respected Georgia before Saturday, now I know what most Florida fans could have probably told me before hand, they are a team full of low-life thugs. They deserve whatever pain they are suffering today, So does Richt for turning them into a team full of thugs. They won't be back to Atlanta next year.
    BS 1989

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tider_in_GA View Post
    I re-watched the game last night and got a new perspective on this penalty. Yes the UGA player went to poke Milliners eye, yes Milliner retaliated. But the ref didn't throw the flag at that point. It happened right beside Ritter as he was signaling possession. The penalty came a few seconds later when the UGA player pushed Milliner AGAIN, and Milliner did nothing in return except maybe some jawing. Maybe what he said was enough for the penalty, IDK. But anywho, we still win. Roll Tide
    Milliner did push the second time around. I saw it live. At first, I was disgusted. Then, I saw the replay. The old saying goes along the lines of "the second person gets in trouble." Answer me this - what do you expect a guy to do when he gets poked in the eye? First, I'd cry because my eyes would water. Second, I'd push/hit the guy that did it. It's human nature.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I respected Georgia before Saturday, now I know what most Florida fans could have probably told me before hand, they are a team full of low-life thugs. They deserve whatever pain they are suffering today, So does Richt for turning them into a team full of thugs. They won't be back to Atlanta next year.
    they've been that way since Richt got to UGA. Does no one else remember Odell Thurman bragging about his "kill shot" on Spencer Pennington back in whatever year that was?

Hate UGA. Always have and always will.

Looks like this player's name is Sheldon Dawson. The talking heads need to call for his suspension for the next game as well. No doubt if one of our players was caught doing something like this, Saban would have the player writing an apology letter and seated for the next game whether the league demanded it or not. We will see what the "Godly man" leading the Bulldogs decides to do. My guess is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaEyeDoc View Post
    Looks like this player's name is Sheldon Dawson. The talking heads need to call for his suspension for the next game as well. No doubt if one of our players was caught doing something like this, Saban would have the player writing an apology letter and seated for the next game whether the league demanded it or not. We will see what the "Godly man" leading the Bulldogs decides to do. My guess is nothing.
    Nothing is exactly what he always does, which is why he leads the league every year in penalties and player suspensions.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Nothing is exactly what he always does, which is why he leads the league every year in penalties and player suspensions.
    And he's ok with that.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    Nothing was said when Milliner was getting his eyes gauged out.

However, you're partly right ... On one of UGA's TD drives, on a Gurley TD run, Mosley got grabbed in the middle of the field and spun around and was unable to make the tackle at about the 5-yard line... and Gary's reaction was the refs missed one, but that it "happens".... LOL

I hate for it to have been a 'Bama player who had gotten away with one like that. I'm sure it wouldn't just "happen"... they would have replayed it a dozen times and brought it up constantly.
    this should definitly be reviewedl....very dirty play, and it was definitly an attempt to 'poke' Milliner in the eye..
    just tacky.