View Poll Results: Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory for you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • LSU

30 27.78%
  • Georgia

78 72.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

Georgia by far because the LSU game I wasn't so worried about our secondary as I was going into this weekend's game.

I would like to say finally our offensive coordinator got it right and don't feel the LSU, Texas A&M or this game even would have been so close if we had ran the ball down the throat of our opposition. LSU and A&M would have folded and if we had jumped on UGA in the first quarter with smash mouth drives humilating the defense they would have quit as well. We didn't make their butts quit like our coach would like us to. I think we will get that resolved now and look forward to the game against Notre Dame.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team tidegrandpa's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    Georgia.

For some reason, I was calm and felt like we would find a way to score on that last drive against LSU. That same calmness was misplaced the next week against aTm.

After the overturned interception against Georgia, I was nervous as all get out.
    Exactly me....RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame BAMAFAN IN NY's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I dont know why... but I was calm the whole GA game. The only time I got nervous was actually when Bama took the lead with a little over 3 minutes left in the game. I thought we scored too early, and if GA could answer, we wouldnt have enough time to score again. Other than that.. cool as a cucumber.
    Touch that thang fo!-- Courtney Upshaw

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was pretty calm the entire GA game, but I did get nervous when we were down with like 4 minutes to go. I was still nervous until the clock hit zero. The LSU game was nerve wracking because if we would have lost, we probably wouldn't have been playing against GA two days ago.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Georgia because they had the ball and a chance to win the game at the end. LSU had the ball as well but Mettenberger didn't scare me like Murray.
    The bad part was when the int. was over ruled because I feared we'd go from such a high to low that we might let them take it down and score. Fortunately they didn't. But no, I'm still exhausted from the game. Incredible.

Georgia, because of the Milliner's INT-that-wasn't. That sent all of us at our place on a roller-coaster that I still haven't recovered from. I'm still having to convince myself we won the game!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Georgia. We had more to lose (BCSNG) and they came up short just at the 5 yard line. LSU didn't come close to scoring (after TJ's TD catch) when they got the ball back.

BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Considering the largest crowd to ever witness a football game at LSU was against Bama this year, definitely makes me give the edge to the Bama-LSU game. At least against Ga, the stadium was half full with our fans. Because I knew the game meant so much for LSU to get redemption---it only made me want Bama to win that much more. Listening to that LSU crowd for 4 quarters was almost torture and considering you couldn't hear a pin drop (minus the few Bama fans) after the game made it that much sweeter. Both games were nerve-racking, but for me the LSU game was just a bit worse (or Better I should say,ha)!

In my opinion, it was Georgia. Nearly had a strokeattack! At the end of that game my hands were numb and I couldn't breathe. When I made my postgame victory call to my Momma, it wasn't to celebrate. It was to hear her voice for the last time, because I was sure I was dying.

Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

Conventional wisdom would say the UGA game because so much more was on the line.

But for me, it was LSU, because unlike the Georgia game, we had not played well AT ALL. Against LSU, I never doubted that we'd win, but that didn't stop my butt from getting tight.

But it was definitely LSU for me
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Georgia game.

I was a fair-weather fan during the 4th Quarter of the LSU game. I changed the channel with about 6 minutes left in the game and started watching Apollo 13. My wife then asked if I could leave the room so she could watch the ending (my wife told me if I changed the channel I could not watch the rest of the game). I went into the den and calmly read a book. She came in a few minutes later and told me we won. I told her she was crazy and she turned the TV on...and I saw AJ crying and the MDB playing Rammer Jammer.

The UGA game, though, I watched every second of. I knew when we stopped them and they punted that all we needed was a first down to win. When we couldn't get those 10 yards we needed and had to punt back to them I got nervous. I went nuts when Milliner almost intercepted that pass (reminded me of Bama/Arkansas in 2010)...only to get nervous again when it was overturned. It was obvious that we went into super-duper safe defense after that play because we got zero pressure on Murray and his WR's found creases in the zone. When the final pass was tipped and caught at the 5 yard line, it took me a second to realize that we had won the game because of the clock running out.

That game really brought me back to the 80s and 90s when Alabama played some tough, heavyweight battles against some of the better teams in the nation. Sure, the 2011 LSU game in Tuscaloosa was a slugfest, but it was more like two teams who couldn't capitalize on any mistakes/successes. This game was different. It was two teams playing their hearts out and not stopping until the clock reached zero. Fantastic game...and it easily took 5-6 years off my life.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Georgia.

Everything was on the line in that game. Both SEC Championship and National Championship. I know if LSU had won we wouldn't even be in the SECCG, but the fact that we got there and were at one point on the verge of losing (21-10) it was very nerve racking. Georgia is clearly better than LSU offensively and could score much quicker.

Georgia matched up with Alabama every quarter. Like many said it was a 15 round fight. The last drive with Georgia was more intense than Alabama's last drive against LSU simply because we weren't controlling the ball against Georgia, we had to stop them.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ga game had way more on the line but being at both games I didnt think we could come back on lsu at home. I had just about given up.