Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory for you?

• LSU

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Georgia

Votes: 78 72.2%

• Total voters

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
Considering the largest crowd to ever witness a football game at LSU was against Bama this year, definitely makes me give the edge to the Bama-LSU game. At least against Ga, the stadium was half full with our fans. Because I knew the game meant so much for LSU to get redemption---it only made me want Bama to win that much more. Listening to that LSU crowd for 4 quarters was almost torture and considering you couldn't hear a pin drop (minus the few Bama fans) after the game made it that much sweeter. Both games were nerve-racking, but for me the LSU game was just a bit worse (or Better I should say,ha)!

Hermitide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 27, 2009
In my opinion, it was Georgia. Nearly had a strokeattack! At the end of that game my hands were numb and I couldn't breathe. When I made my postgame victory call to my Momma, it wasn't to celebrate. It was to hear her voice for the last time, because I was sure I was dying.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Conventional wisdom would say the UGA game because so much more was on the line.

But for me, it was LSU, because unlike the Georgia game, we had not played well AT ALL. Against LSU, I never doubted that we'd win, but that didn't stop my butt from getting tight.

But it was definitely LSU for me

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Georgia game.

I was a fair-weather fan during the 4th Quarter of the LSU game. I changed the channel with about 6 minutes left in the game and started watching Apollo 13. My wife then asked if I could leave the room so she could watch the ending (my wife told me if I changed the channel I could not watch the rest of the game). I went into the den and calmly read a book. She came in a few minutes later and told me we won. I told her she was crazy and she turned the TV on...and I saw AJ crying and the MDB playing Rammer Jammer.

The UGA game, though, I watched every second of. I knew when we stopped them and they punted that all we needed was a first down to win. When we couldn't get those 10 yards we needed and had to punt back to them I got nervous. I went nuts when Milliner almost intercepted that pass (reminded me of Bama/Arkansas in 2010)...only to get nervous again when it was overturned. It was obvious that we went into super-duper safe defense after that play because we got zero pressure on Murray and his WR's found creases in the zone. When the final pass was tipped and caught at the 5 yard line, it took me a second to realize that we had won the game because of the clock running out.

That game really brought me back to the 80s and 90s when Alabama played some tough, heavyweight battles against some of the better teams in the nation. Sure, the 2011 LSU game in Tuscaloosa was a slugfest, but it was more like two teams who couldn't capitalize on any mistakes/successes. This game was different. It was two teams playing their hearts out and not stopping until the clock reached zero. Fantastic game...and it easily took 5-6 years off my life.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Georgia.

Everything was on the line in that game. Both SEC Championship and National Championship. I know if LSU had won we wouldn't even be in the SECCG, but the fact that we got there and were at one point on the verge of losing (21-10) it was very nerve racking. Georgia is clearly better than LSU offensively and could score much quicker.

Georgia matched up with Alabama every quarter. Like many said it was a 15 round fight. The last drive with Georgia was more intense than Alabama's last drive against LSU simply because we weren't controlling the ball against Georgia, we had to stop them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
UGA by far. We got so much that went against us that you thought we lost at points, espically when ogletree returned that block. Plus LSU didnt have the skill players to make you beleive they could march it down on us when so little time, UGA did. I think Mett is better than Murray its just he doesnt have the dependable recievers that UGA has. Now who would win between UGA and LSU... LSU would beat UGA. In Saturday's game we should of won by 2 TDs atleast. If we don't have that kick blocked, Lacy doesn't try to reach the ball, and we don't mismanage the clock at the end of the half it is a 42-21 game... probably.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
UGA because we were on D. For some reason I feel more in control when our team has the ball.

My body is still laid out in T concourse at ATL in front of the TV across from our gate. At some point they had to defib me and all turned out well. :cool:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
UGA by far. We got so much that went against us that you thought we lost at points, espically when ogletree returned that block. Plus LSU didnt have the skill players to make you beleive they could march it down on us when so little time, UGA did. I think Mett is better than Murray its just he doesnt have the dependable recievers that UGA has. Now who would win between UGA and LSU... LSU would beat UGA. In Saturday's game we should of won by 2 TDs atleast. If we don't have that kick blocked, Lacy doesn't try to reach the ball, and we don't mismanage the clock at the end of the half it is a 42-21 game... probably.
definitly UGA....everything on the line...

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Ga game had way more on the line but being at both games I didnt think we could come back on lsu at home. I had just about given up.
I was at LSU as well and we were behind before that drive. After watching us do next to nothing for most of the 4th Quarter, I had just about given up also so I wasn't nervous. With Georgia, we had the lead and I figured (prayed) we could hold them off since they had no timeouts and not much time but I was sweating bullets after the INT got called back. Answer for me is UGA.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
LSU felt more desperate, because we seemed to get dominated, but the breaks went our way keeping us in the game. Failed fake field goal, stuffed on 4th down, missed field goal. The victory felt like "Wow I cant believe we stole that game"

Georgia felt more nerve-racking because it seemed like even though we were imposing our will at times, crazy little things kept happening to tip things maddeningly back into Georgia's favor. The victory felt like "I can't believe Georgia didn't steal that game"

LSU must have felt like we would have felt if Georgia had beaten us.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Georgia game.

I was a fair-weather fan during the 4th Quarter of the LSU game. I changed the channel with about 6 minutes left in the game and started watching Apollo 13. My wife then asked if I could leave the room so she could watch the ending (my wife told me if I changed the channel I could not watch the rest of the game). I went into the den and calmly read a book. She came in a few minutes later and told me we won. I told her she was crazy and she turned the TV on...and I saw AJ crying and the MDB playing Rammer Jammer.

The UGA game, though, I watched every second of. I knew when we stopped them and they punted that all we needed was a first down to win. When we couldn't get those 10 yards we needed and had to punt back to them I got nervous. I went nuts when Milliner almost intercepted that pass (reminded me of Bama/Arkansas in 2010)...only to get nervous again when it was overturned. It was obvious that we went into super-duper safe defense after that play because we got zero pressure on Murray and his WR's found creases in the zone. When the final pass was tipped and caught at the 5 yard line, it took me a second to realize that we had won the game because of the clock running out.

That game really brought me back to the 80s and 90s when Alabama played some tough, heavyweight battles against some of the better teams in the nation. Sure, the 2011 LSU game in Tuscaloosa was a slugfest, but it was more like two teams who couldn't capitalize on any mistakes/successes. This game was different. It was two teams playing their hearts out and not stopping until the clock reached zero. Fantastic game...and it easily took 5-6 years off my life.
Great read. I bailed about the same point too, bad.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I gotta go with UGa.

There are certain teams you just hate to lose to and they are one of them to me because we are never supposed to lose to UGa. If we lose to LSwho then I kind of understand more losing to them as another powerhouse as of late. UGa just doesn't have anything on there resume that scares or impresses me.

That being said I was more nervous losing to UGa.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
They were both "Heart Attack" inducing games. We were ahead in one and behind in the other.

So, I'm gonna go with the one where we were ahead with us giving up a lot of expensive real estate very quickly. It's like you are trying to help the defense with an additional player on your couch and you seem to end up in the wrong place. You know, A & M has their 12th man in the stadium. We have ours watching the game on TV since we can't get one of those expensive tickets.

I do agree with Georgia's coach that time ran out on them. However, there are only 60 minutes in a game, not 60 minutes plus an additional 10 to 15 seconds. As a coach and team, you have to better utilize the time that you have in the game. Since the NCAA usually makes changes to rules based on Alabama's success, will we see additional regulation time when our opponents are driving at the end of a game with a chance to win if we only give them an additional time-out plus Oh an additional 25 seconds.

A great TIP by Mr. Moseley in the Georgia game and an awesome catch and run by Mr. Yeldon in the LSU game.

rja4bama

3rd Team
Feb 12, 2004
meridianville al.
al.com
Georgia was much more nerve racking.

I'd already given up on the LSU game. I thought we were destined to lose because we couldn't move the ball so I was past being nervous and already in the "I feel sick" mode. I came out of my chair on the last drive.

Ga/Bama was a barn burner. I watched most of the second half standing up and yelled at the TV a lot more.
Same for me. I had already given up in the LSU game as well.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Uga for me also....my stress was compounded by the fact I was screaming at the TV when we ran the same play 3 times and could not get a 1st down to run the clock out. BP went into the stratosphere from there...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.