View Poll Results: Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory for you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • LSU

30 27.78%
  • Georgia

78 72.22%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

UGA by far. We got so much that went against us that you thought we lost at points, espically when ogletree returned that block. Plus LSU didnt have the skill players to make you beleive they could march it down on us when so little time, UGA did. I think Mett is better than Murray its just he doesnt have the dependable recievers that UGA has. Now who would win between UGA and LSU... LSU would beat UGA. In Saturday's game we should of won by 2 TDs atleast. If we don't have that kick blocked, Lacy doesn't try to reach the ball, and we don't mismanage the clock at the end of the half it is a 42-21 game... probably.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

UGA

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

UGA because we were on D. For some reason I feel more in control when our team has the ball.

My body is still laid out in T concourse at ATL in front of the TV across from our gate. At some point they had to defib me and all turned out well.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    UGA by far. We got so much that went against us that you thought we lost at points, espically when ogletree returned that block. Plus LSU didnt have the skill players to make you beleive they could march it down on us when so little time, UGA did. I think Mett is better than Murray its just he doesnt have the dependable recievers that UGA has. Now who would win between UGA and LSU... LSU would beat UGA. In Saturday's game we should of won by 2 TDs atleast. If we don't have that kick blocked, Lacy doesn't try to reach the ball, and we don't mismanage the clock at the end of the half it is a 42-21 game... probably.
    definitly UGA....everything on the line...

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2bseen View Post
    Ga game had way more on the line but being at both games I didnt think we could come back on lsu at home. I had just about given up.
    I was at LSU as well and we were behind before that drive. After watching us do next to nothing for most of the 4th Quarter, I had just about given up also so I wasn't nervous. With Georgia, we had the lead and I figured (prayed) we could hold them off since they had no timeouts and not much time but I was sweating bullets after the INT got called back. Answer for me is UGA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

LSU felt more desperate, because we seemed to get dominated, but the breaks went our way keeping us in the game. Failed fake field goal, stuffed on 4th down, missed field goal. The victory felt like "Wow I cant believe we stole that game"

Georgia felt more nerve-racking because it seemed like even though we were imposing our will at times, crazy little things kept happening to tip things maddeningly back into Georgia's favor. The victory felt like "I can't believe Georgia didn't steal that game"

LSU must have felt like we would have felt if Georgia had beaten us.
    Last edited by cbi1972; December 3rd, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I didn't get the nerves going in the uga game until late.

lsu game, I had the nerves the whole time.

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

The GA game hit me harder.... I felt like I had just run a marathon. I was WORN OUT.
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by theBIGyowski View Post
    Georgia game.

I was a fair-weather fan during the 4th Quarter of the LSU game. I changed the channel with about 6 minutes left in the game and started watching Apollo 13. My wife then asked if I could leave the room so she could watch the ending (my wife told me if I changed the channel I could not watch the rest of the game). I went into the den and calmly read a book. She came in a few minutes later and told me we won. I told her she was crazy and she turned the TV on...and I saw AJ crying and the MDB playing Rammer Jammer.

The UGA game, though, I watched every second of. I knew when we stopped them and they punted that all we needed was a first down to win. When we couldn't get those 10 yards we needed and had to punt back to them I got nervous. I went nuts when Milliner almost intercepted that pass (reminded me of Bama/Arkansas in 2010)...only to get nervous again when it was overturned. It was obvious that we went into super-duper safe defense after that play because we got zero pressure on Murray and his WR's found creases in the zone. When the final pass was tipped and caught at the 5 yard line, it took me a second to realize that we had won the game because of the clock running out.

That game really brought me back to the 80s and 90s when Alabama played some tough, heavyweight battles against some of the better teams in the nation. Sure, the 2011 LSU game in Tuscaloosa was a slugfest, but it was more like two teams who couldn't capitalize on any mistakes/successes. This game was different. It was two teams playing their hearts out and not stopping until the clock reached zero. Fantastic game...and it easily took 5-6 years off my life.
    Great read. I bailed about the same point too, bad.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

I gotta go with UGa.

There are certain teams you just hate to lose to and they are one of them to me because we are never supposed to lose to UGa. If we lose to LSwho then I kind of understand more losing to them as another powerhouse as of late. UGa just doesn't have anything on there resume that scares or impresses me.

That being said I was more nervous losing to UGa.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Georgia for sure! Against LSU I didn't think we could be beat. After TAM I knew it was possible.

They were both "Heart Attack" inducing games. We were ahead in one and behind in the other.

So, I'm gonna go with the one where we were ahead with us giving up a lot of expensive real estate very quickly. It's like you are trying to help the defense with an additional player on your couch and you seem to end up in the wrong place. You know, A & M has their 12th man in the stadium. We have ours watching the game on TV since we can't get one of those expensive tickets.

I do agree with Georgia's coach that time ran out on them. However, there are only 60 minutes in a game, not 60 minutes plus an additional 10 to 15 seconds. As a coach and team, you have to better utilize the time that you have in the game. Since the NCAA usually makes changes to rules based on Alabama's success, will we see additional regulation time when our opponents are driving at the end of a game with a chance to win if we only give them an additional time-out plus Oh an additional 25 seconds.

A great TIP by Mr. Moseley in the Georgia game and an awesome catch and run by Mr. Yeldon in the LSU game.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    Georgia was much more nerve racking.

I'd already given up on the LSU game. I thought we were destined to lose because we couldn't move the ball so I was past being nervous and already in the "I feel sick" mode. I came out of my chair on the last drive.

Ga/Bama was a barn burner. I watched most of the second half standing up and yelled at the TV a lot more.
    Same for me. I had already given up in the LSU game as well.