View Poll Results: Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory for you?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • LSU

30 27.78%
  • Georgia

78 72.22%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

Uga for me also....my stress was compounded by the fact I was screaming at the TV when we ran the same play 3 times and could not get a 1st down to run the clock out. BP went into the stratosphere from there...

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Draw View Post
    LSU game for me. I went into the UGA game believing we could do it, and stopped worrying as much once we got down there for that last TD.
    Me too...

BamaNation First Team BamaSlama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

It was the Georgia game for me simply because of all the smack talk I placed upon my UGA friends during the week prior to the game!

BamaNation First Team

It seemed like we were for sure going to lose the LSU game, but UGA was more nerve racking because it was the end of the season and getting to play in the national championship was on the line. Of course had we lost to LSU we probably wouldn't have even played in the SEC championship game, but nothing was definite back then.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's hard to say for me. I wanted us to beat LSwho so badly it was a shame. I don't like the fans at all. And I didn't want to have to hear it. They would have led the West and wasn't going to lose it and that was the shot. With UGA though, I had been praying all week to win. This was the championship that got away from us last year and I wanted it as badly, maybe more, than beating LSU. Add that with one game and you're out, if I had to say who was more nerve racking it would have to be UGA. Plus, being in a unit from GA while in Iraq made it that much more special!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Georgia, just because they had the ball last and had moved it against us most of the night.

I felt better against LSU, since we had the ball and were in control.

BamaNation All-American 37bamagrl's Avatar

This was the most nerve-wracking game I've been to or watched in my entire life. ....More than LSU.
    Its always a difficult decision to leave any place, and it is a decision I am never going to make again, Saban said when asked about coaches moving from one job to another. I am where I am. If they get a football team at Lake Burton, I might go there. Otherwise, I am where I am. - Nick Saban 6-1-2010

"Let's go be champions boys!" McElroy

TIDE-HSV 12-26-09 "Sadly for the rest of the conference, Nick has become a Bama Man.."

BamaNation First Team NashvilleTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was at the LSU game and watched the Georgia game on television. I think being at the game makes a difference.

NT Jr. was at both games and I asked him this question and he said LSU because we had played below expectations for most of the game. With a minute to go few people in the stands gave us much of a chance of coming back. In fact there were Bama fans that left with about 4-5 minutes to go in the game. The excitement of the come back was something I will remember always.

At the Georgia game it was back and forth so you were elated and then deflated. And then tense when it appeared we couldn't stop Murray or keep their receivers in-bounds. I voted for the Georgia game because of that up and down experience.
    A view from the Press Box. Thinking about all the great games viewed from here. Roll Tide

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Leading up to the game, definitely LSU - esp given the whole night game / death valley aspect...

While I had more confidence in anticipation of the Georgia game, their touchdown on the blocked field goal had me pretty messed up.

These games are aging me prematurely...

BamaNation First Team wishbonedays's Avatar

The LSU game...I felt that we were out of it...I went to take a shower and get ready for the evening after we went 3 and out again...my wife came and told me that LSU had missed a field goal and Bama had it deep in LSU territory...I walked in just in time to see Yeldon's TD...I had all but given up...what a turn around. The SECCG was as Coach Saban said, 2 heavyweights slugging it out...its almost like asking me which I like best, steak or BBQ...I would still have to think a little bit about it...both were games that produced a few gray hairs...
    Last edited by wishbonedays; December 4th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    22 30
    "If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't ask you to try."
    Coach Paul Bryant, telling his players of the switch to the wishbone, Fall camp 1971.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Dead tie for me. I was on pins and needles the entire 4th quarter and completely lost my voice on both games,

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

They're a tie, in my book. I had the same unsettled feeling during both games, from beginning to end.

LSU. Although I did not enjoy the Bama UGA ending (5 yard line to close for comfort), I thought Bama was clearly the better team and in control for the most part. LSU flat out dominated the Tide IMO. We escaped LSU with a win.
    Last edited by braggtd; December 4th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.