Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory for you?

• LSU

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Georgia

Votes: 78 72.2%

• Total voters

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
It seemed like we were for sure going to lose the LSU game, but UGA was more nerve racking because it was the end of the season and getting to play in the national championship was on the line. Of course had we lost to LSU we probably wouldn't have even played in the SEC championship game, but nothing was definite back then.

It's hard to say for me. I wanted us to beat LSwho so badly it was a shame. I don't like the fans at all. And I didn't want to have to hear it. They would have led the West and wasn't going to lose it and that was the shot. With UGA though, I had been praying all week to win. This was the championship that got away from us last year and I wanted it as badly, maybe more, than beating LSU. Add that with one game and you're out, if I had to say who was more nerve racking it would have to be UGA. Plus, being in a unit from GA while in Iraq made it that much more special!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Georgia, just because they had the ball last and had moved it against us most of the night.

I felt better against LSU, since we had the ball and were in control.

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
I was at the LSU game and watched the Georgia game on television. I think being at the game makes a difference.

NT Jr. was at both games and I asked him this question and he said LSU because we had played below expectations for most of the game. With a minute to go few people in the stands gave us much of a chance of coming back. In fact there were Bama fans that left with about 4-5 minutes to go in the game. The excitement of the come back was something I will remember always.

At the Georgia game it was back and forth so you were elated and then deflated. And then tense when it appeared we couldn't stop Murray or keep their receivers in-bounds. I voted for the Georgia game because of that up and down experience.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Leading up to the game, definitely LSU - esp given the whole night game / death valley aspect...

While I had more confidence in anticipation of the Georgia game, their touchdown on the blocked field goal had me pretty messed up.

These games are aging me prematurely...

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
The LSU game...I felt that we were out of it...I went to take a shower and get ready for the evening after we went 3 and out again...my wife came and told me that LSU had missed a field goal and Bama had it deep in LSU territory...I walked in just in time to see Yeldon's TD...I had all but given up...what a turn around. The SECCG was as Coach Saban said, 2 heavyweights slugging it out...its almost like asking me which I like best, steak or BBQ...I would still have to think a little bit about it...both were games that produced a few gray hairs...

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Dead tie for me. I was on pins and needles the entire 4th quarter and completely lost my voice on both games,

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
LSU. Although I did not enjoy the Bama UGA ending (5 yard line to close for comfort), I thought Bama was clearly the better team and in control for the most part. LSU flat out dominated the Tide IMO. We escaped LSU with a win.

Last edited:

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I would say LSU. Prior to the LSU game we hadn't been down in the 4th quarter and needed a TD to secure the win. When we were down Saturday, my mindset was we've been down before we can handle this.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Is there any way to find out if ESPN and/or CBS will replay the LSU game?
ESPN apparently has the right to show CBS replays these days.

I've checked the ESPN website, but didn't find anything. And TiVo only pulls 2 weeks of data from the cable company.

I have the original recording, but because the game ran long, the last few minutes were saved as an episode of NCIS and it got deleted!
ARRGGGGHHHH.

Or, do any of you that have Tivo-brand TiVo know of a way to download it from one of the video-on-demand services (netflix, Amazon, etc)?

Thanks

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Both were 99. something on a 100 stress scale....... But with the time left we had to score at LSU on the road, I nearly wrote us off. So I voted LSU by a decimal or two. RTR

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Neither game was easy on the nerves. ;) For me it is pretty close. I think I gotta go with Georgia because of the way that it ended at the 5. If Milliner's INT had held up, I think I would have voted for Bama-LSU.

Georgia game--late season game with everything at stake--and a special treat "Notre Dame"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.