Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory?

Was the LSU game or the Georgia game the more nerve-racking victory for you?

• LSU

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Georgia

Votes: 78 72.2%

• Total voters

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Neither game was easy on the nerves. ;) For me it is pretty close. I think I gotta go with Georgia because of the way that it ended at the 5. If Milliner's INT had held up, I think I would have voted for Bama-LSU.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The Georgia game. I foolishly turned off the LSU game on their last deep drive and hyperventilated around the neighborhood only to come back and discover I missed one of the greatest comebacks of all time :conf3:

Crimson Draw

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2008
LSU game for me. I went into the UGA game believing we could do it, and stopped worrying as much once we got down there for that last TD.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Georgia.

If we had lost to LSU I knew there was still a slim hope of making it back to the BCS Championship plus we had already won it the year before so I would not have been as devastated. But once we are there one game away that made the Georgia game more nerve-racking because there was no getting back in it after a loss there.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
UGA, definitely...it was our last chance to get into the BCSCG.

And it seemed that everything was going wrong, fumble...int in the endzone, blocked field goal for a TD, false start on the fake punt, then UGA gets the fake punt. Murray was playing well and making long throws...just to name a few.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
UGA, primarily because of the championship implications of that game that weren't there yet in the LSU game, and just how close to getting that TD at the end that UGA was. Also, in part because of the grief I would have caught had Bama lost. Might just have had to move. :wink:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
LSU game. Only having a little over a minute to score a TD starting in your own territory is pretty bad. We scored with a good amount of time left in the UGA game, although the last 5 seconds was pretty brutal.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Georgia by far.

We had fairly well controlled the LSU game in the first half and being up 14-3 and receiving the ball to start the second half, I felt ok. Of course, we went completely stagnant in the third quarter while Mettenbareger turned into Dan Marino. It became a frustrating slow death to watch until that very last drive.

Georgia was back and forth almost the entire game and especially in the second half. I can't remember the last Alabama game that was the case in. Maybe LSU or Arkansas in 2007. But this was high stakes drama.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
LSU was much more nerve-racking. We hadn't performed well offensively all game. I believed we'd win as always, but man I was sick and nearly cried too when we came back.

Against UGA, I still always believed we'd win. When they couldn't stop our running game in the 3rd qtr, I had absolutely no worries.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Georgia was much more nerve racking.

I'd already given up on the LSU game. I thought we were destined to lose because we couldn't move the ball so I was past being nervous and already in the "I feel sick" mode. I came out of my chair on the last drive.

Ga/Bama was a barn burner. I watched most of the second half standing up and yelled at the TV a lot more.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Please allow me to add one.

aTm was the most nerve racking for me because we were just getting beat up.

UGA would rank #2 because it seemed that both teams wanted it so bad & would not give in

LSU game for me was good, I had a feeling when I saw AJ come out we would score

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Georgia.

For some reason, I was calm and felt like we would find a way to score on that last drive against LSU. That same calmness was misplaced the next week against aTm.

After the overturned interception against Georgia, I was nervous as all get out.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Georgia by far because the LSU game I wasn't so worried about our secondary as I was going into this weekend's game.

I would like to say finally our offensive coordinator got it right and don't feel the LSU, Texas A&M or this game even would have been so close if we had ran the ball down the throat of our opposition. LSU and A&M would have folded and if we had jumped on UGA in the first quarter with smash mouth drives humilating the defense they would have quit as well. We didn't make their butts quit like our coach would like us to. I think we will get that resolved now and look forward to the game against Notre Dame.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
I dont know why... but I was calm the whole GA game. The only time I got nervous was actually when Bama took the lead with a little over 3 minutes left in the game. I thought we scored too early, and if GA could answer, we wouldnt have enough time to score again. Other than that.. cool as a cucumber.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I was pretty calm the entire GA game, but I did get nervous when we were down with like 4 minutes to go. I was still nervous until the clock hit zero. The LSU game was nerve wracking because if we would have lost, we probably wouldn't have been playing against GA two days ago.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Georgia because they had the ball and a chance to win the game at the end. LSU had the ball as well but Mettenberger didn't scare me like Murray.
The bad part was when the int. was over ruled because I feared we'd go from such a high to low that we might let them take it down and score. Fortunately they didn't. But no, I'm still exhausted from the game. Incredible.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Georgia, because of the Milliner's INT-that-wasn't. That sent all of us at our place on a roller-coaster that I still haven't recovered from. I'm still having to convince myself we won the game!!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Georgia. We had more to lose (BCSNG) and they came up short just at the 5 yard line. LSU didn't come close to scoring (after TJ's TD catch) when they got the ball back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.