Question: How much did you pay for your BCS NC Ticket or willing to pay?

termite

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Albertville AL
HD TV, whatever cold beverage I want on the house, great home cooked food, comfortable seats, among friends and family, all for well less than 100 bucks....

I think I'll choose the living room every time. Though I understand the thrill of seeing it live, as I've gotten older I much prefer being at home.
Amen...

Wayne4Bama2

Scout Team
Feb 10, 2001
Dothan,Al,Houston
I bought 2 through TeamTix in Jan. for $115 each plus face value($345) for each. Did the same for the LSU game last year. Of course if Bama had not made the game I would be out the $115x2.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
HD TV, whatever cold beverage I want on the house, great home cooked food, comfortable seats, among friends and family, all for well less than 100 bucks....

I think I'll choose the living room every time. Though I understand the thrill of seeing it live, as I've gotten older I much prefer being at home.
I am the same way. Plus I don't close the bar in the 3rd quarter :)

I had convinced the wife to let me go to the game but the cap was 2K, so instead of all that money, I am just going to go buy a really nice bottle of scotch and enjoy myself.

Balvenie Portwood 21 Years here I come!
https://shop.thebalvenie.com/products/PortWood,-Aged-21-Years.html

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hard to calculate. I'm paying face through Tide Pride.

But the savings vs. current market don't come within a light year of making up for the donations necessary to accumulate the Tide Totals points needed to get that opportunity.

So all in, how much do I REALLY pay? From purely a monetary standpoint, I'm pretty sure I'd be better off with the scalpers.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
....instead of all that money, I am just going to go buy a really nice bottle of scotch and enjoy myself.

Balvenie Portwood 21 Years here I come!
https://shop.thebalvenie.com/products/PortWood,-Aged-21-Years.html
I like the Islays -- Laphroaig, Ardbeg, and especially Lagavulin. If you're not in the mood for that much smoke and peat, Talisker is an excellent alternative...briny sea air from Skye, good but not Islay-strength peat, and strong black pepper on the finish.

If you like the double-matureds, Lagavulin makes one that ages the regular 16 years in oak, then about six months in sherry casks called, fittingly enough, Lagavulin Double-Matured. Ardbeg Uigeadail is Ardbeg's answer.

If you have trouble finding those, Royal Mile Whiskies in Edinburgh will ship to the states. It's amazingly quick, and they offset the VAT refund against the shipping, so it's almost like buying in their store in Scotland.

Last edited:

Joebama4455

Dec 3, 2012
I bought three tickets from TicketCity the week before the LSU game for $710 per ticket (fees, taxes, etc. included) in section 453 row 5.

Notre Dame side but hopefully there will be some crimson around us!
Looking for confirmation of section breakdown, i heard 454 around to 414 and 154 around to 114 are BAMA sections? anyone know for sure?

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I'm not much for the peat at all. Much more of a highlands kinda guy.

Every time I drink Laphroaig I feel as if I just rinsed my mouth out with grass clippings and motor oil.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm not much for the peat at all. Much more of a highlands kinda guy.

Every time I drink Laphroaig I feel as if I just rinsed my mouth out with grass clippings and motor oil.
Well, as my grandfather used to say, "That's what makes hoss racin'"

And you're right, Laphroaig is the harshest of the Islays. I'd still recommend Talisker as a change of pace.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
We did the Cowboy Classic and The Iron Bowl. That's gonna be it for the year. The dadgum airfare from here is expensive too as it's cruise season too on top of the NC. Add the hotel etc, its just too rich for my blood.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I like the Islays -- Laphroaig, Ardbeg, and especially Lagavulin. If you're not in the mood for that much smoke and peat, Talisker is an excellent alternative...briny sea air from Skye, good but not Islay-strength peat, and strong black pepper on the finish.

If you like the double-matureds, Lagavulin makes one that ages the regular 16 years in oak, then about six months in sherry casks called, fittingly enough, Lagavulin Double-Matured. Ardbeg Uigeadail is Ardbeg's answer.

If you have trouble finding those, Royal Mile Whiskies in Edinburgh will ship to the states. It's amazingly quick, and they offset the VAT refund against the shipping, so it's almost like buying in their store in Scotland.
I have a delicate palate I suppose. I love Glengoyne 17 year, although my girlfriend prefers the 10 year.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I have a delicate palate I suppose. I love Glengoyne 17 year, although my girlfriend prefers the 10 year.
I'm not familiar with Glengoyne, but I'm always looking for a new dram. It'll be fun to track down a bottle.

But more than that, I have to admire your taste in women. Any woman who drinks scotch and appreciates the good ones is a huge catch. This coming October, to my everlasting amazement, (good Lord willing, the creek don't rise, and I live long enough), I'll turn over 25 years with one for those. She's actually the one who found the Lagavulin Double Matured, and doesn't know it yet, but there'll be an Ardbeg Uigeadail in her Christmas stocking.

Well done, my friend.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.