CBS biased against Bama?

EddieTorres

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham,Al
Hear numerous fans complaining about Gary, Verne, and Brando. I really don't think that Gary or Verne have a bias against us, but Brando hates some of our fans because of the callers to his show and Finebaum.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Hear numerous fans complaining about Gary, Verne, and Brando. I really don't think that Gary or Verne have a bias against us, but Brando hates some of our fans because of the callers to his show and Finebaum.
You are on to something with this. He needs to get off the show, same with Brando. It does us no good to have idiots calling them every week.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Brando is a contrarian and a populist (i.e. acts like he sides with the little guy over the ruling class). He's pretty knowledgeable and I don't think he has anything specific against Alabama or any team, but his "fly in the ointment" act is getting old.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
CBS may love the money we make for them, but there is obvious bias against us in the words that come out of their mouth that is until the game is in hand and no need to continue rooting for the underdog.

I am sick of listening to them and if I could ever sync Eli Gold and my television set I would never have to listen to them again.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
There is no doubt about Brando. And he often gets on Twitter and remarks about Bama fans. And getting on the Finebaum show and getting down on the level of some fans just isn't professional. Further, on Twitter......he seems to incite fans by his remarks. He clearly is a person who gets off on throwing a firecracker in the middle of the group and then watching to see what happens. Tim does not conduct himself professionally. He acts like a sensitive teenager. I'm fine with Gary and Verne. But I don't care for Tim. And I try to be balanced in my opinion. But Timmie is a bit soap opera "ish" and I don't care for it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't really object with his opinions. It's his opinion. The problem I have with him is his attitude he's demonstrating right now on Finebaum.

I happen to think he's completely wrong on the Dial play. Helmets touching doesn't mean the player attempted to lead with the helmet. I think it is pretty clear that Dial was leading with the shoulder. I think it would have been more dirty for Dial to try to cut Murray in that situation...which seems to be what would have been the best decision for Dial according to the guys like Brando.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
If it makes you feel any better the UGA fans are calling in saying the same thing we're saying about Gary and Verne but pro-Bama, anti-UGA. I don't see it, they do.

Proxigean Tide

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Dover, DE
There is no doubt about Brando. And he often gets on Twitter and remarks about Bama fans. And getting on the Finebaum show and getting down on the level of some fans just isn't professional. Further, on Twitter......he seems to incite fans by his remarks. He clearly is a person who gets off on throwing a firecracker in the middle of the group and then watching to see what happens. Tim does not conduct himself professionally. He acts like a sensitive teenager. I'm fine with Gary and Verne. But I don't care for Tim. And I try to be balanced in my opinion. But Timmie is a bit soap opera "ish" and I don't care for it.
Very nice post...I agree with it. RTR.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I don't really object with his opinions. It's his opinion. The problem I have with him is his attitude he's demonstrating right now on Finebaum.

I happen to think he's completely wrong on the Dial play. Helmets touching doesn't mean the player attempted to lead with the helmet. I think it is pretty clear that Dial was leading with the shoulder. I think it would have been more dirty for Dial to try to cut Murray in that situation...which seems to be what would have been the best decision for Dial according to the guys like Brando.
Brando is blissfully unaware of the fact that the rule applies to defenseless players, which Murray was NOT, and his repetition AD NAUSEUM that "this conversation is over" only undermines his credibility, which is already pretty shaky.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
If it makes you feel any better the UGA fans are calling in saying the same thing we're saying about Gary and Verne but pro-Bama, anti-UGA. I don't see it, they do.
...just a little bit too sensitive by both sides then...

we wont the game, we're in the big one...everyone is looking for a remark that doesnt exactly fit their thoughts...

just relax, and enjoy the fact that we'rew in miami on 7 January, playign for another BCSNC

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So many here complain about CBS coverage but I prefer them to Fox or ABC. Fox is a computer animated reality show who clutters up the screen - their sports coverage across the board is atrocious. ABC games have a corporate feel to them. But CBS lets me feel like I'm there - they pan over the stadiums and the campuses beautifully and that theme - makes me want to go make a play. Verne is the alcoholic uncle in the basement who fought in WW2 and wants to talk about his purple heart, botching names the whole way. Gary is fine.

Tim is the guy who hits a beehive with a stick when he's wearing protective gear then watches the reaction.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

He's still​ on that???

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Brando doesn't have to like Alabama but I think he could show an ounce of professionalism and balance in this segment on Finebaum. The problem is that they haven't had one levelheaded caller on, just a bunch of guys who are nothing but hotheads throwing out namecalling. I think I could have a reasonable call with the guy.

First, I think the Dial hit on Murray looks worse when replayed over and over again. Second, I don't think he wanted to lead with his helmet...Dial had his right shoulder in front upon contact. There is only so many places you can put your head, it's kinda attached to your neck and it would take Dial basically diving into Murray to prevent any helmet contact due to Dial height advantage over Murray. Personally, I think diving into guys who are not expecting contact is a dirtier play than lowering his shoulder. Third, I don't expect any action from the SEC. It is just too harsh to take a guy's last college game away from him.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.