Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 68
  1. #40

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    They lost their QB in the.... ok I will stop right there.
    I was unaware that McCoy played on defense.

    Apparently neither Ingram nor Richardson knew it, either.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

    Lurch Backwater!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    465
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for advice...but why ask the guy who got blown out in the BCSNCG after time off for his advice on what to do?

    Edit: Unless it was like a "Hey, what did you do? Because I want to do the opposite!"
    Last edited by crmsntd91; December 5th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

  4. #42
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    465
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Everyone always seems to forget GMAC might has well have been on the bench. He was to banged up to let us throw the ball so we just crammed it down their throat.

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I was unaware that McCoy played on defense.

    Apparently neither Ingram nor Richardson knew it, either.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

  5. #43
    BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    217

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    I was obviously totally kidding. I had this discussion at length in another thread about how Colt being out is a weak excuse.

    Hopefully he was asking Les so he could figure out what "not" to do. But Les has been there before and won, so who knows.

  6. #44
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In a dream world
    Posts
    3,077
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Les would hurt you guys by trying to help lol

  7. #45
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    44,124

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Quote Originally Posted by rockymountain View Post
    Ya, you're right. ND has all of those pesky sacks "padding" their rush d stats.
    Just to head it off before it gets started, this board is for serious discussion and not for trash-talk - or sarcasm. Keep that on your own board or you won't last long around here...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  8. #46
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    44,124

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    I was obviously totally kidding. I had this discussion at length in another thread about how Colt being out is a weak excuse.

    Hopefully he was asking Les so he could figure out what "not" to do. But Les has been there before and won, so who knows.
    I haven't read the other discussion yet, but you are aware that McElroy played with broken ribs?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

  9. #47
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Posts
    5,606
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I haven't read the other discussion yet, but you are aware that McElroy played with broken ribs?
    Nobody ever talks about that, but its amazing how much broken ribs can affect a QB's game. It only hurts to do everything, including breathe. It says a lot about a QB with broken ribs that is willing to go in and play knowing he's going to get hit...

  10. #48
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,482
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Here is something that I posted on Facebook a few days after the game, and I didn't even mention the broken ribs.

    A lot of people out there have been saying that Bama would not have won the game if McCoy hadn't gone down. I think those people are cheapening our championship when they say that. McCoy went down with an injury that can happen during a game. Thems the breaks. If it was a dirty hit, then you can complain. That hit wasn't even remotely dirty. To be honest, I was little disappointed that McCoy didn't return. I would have much rather have beaten Texas at full strength so I wouldn't have to listen to all of this.

    It took the Texas backup QB a while to adjust to the speed of the game. And guess what? Our starting QB, Greg McElroy, went through the exact same adjustment period. In his first start against Virginia Tech, it took him a half to adjust. And then it took him an entire month to adjust to SEC play. But guess what again? Bama won all those games, because we were the better TEAM.

    And if you want to talk about injuries, we were without our second best defensive player (Dante Hightower) since he went down with an ACL tear in September. It still was one of the best defenses in the country, but it definitely lost something too.

    Also, some people, including Herbstriet, said that the Texas defense lost some of its steam when McCoy went down. That is not true. Texas was shutting down our passing game all night long. Other than the very first run of the game, they were having issues stopping our running game. For some reason, it took our coaches a couple drives to realize that.

    Oh and you can only blame Mack Brown for calling the time out at the end of the half. During that timeout, My friend at the game with me and I were talking about the fact that he should have just let the clock run out.
    Lucky #13

  11. #49
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,097
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Ok, I watched the Notre Dame-OU rebroadcast this morning. OU seems to be the game that "proves" what a great rush defense ND has. This is basically because OU had 7 yards rushing. Here's my take away from that:

    1) OU only ran the ball a total of 16 times. They - as most Big 12 teams - are pass first. I don't think it's a great example either way.

    2) In the Irish favor I could note that OU only had one possession in the third quarter. That's praise more for the ND offense, which ran the clock down with its run.

    3) OU's O-line is not Alabama's.

    4) OU had one decent RB who got virtually all the carries. Not the same as facing a 1-2 of Lacy and Yeldon. Good thing for ND that Fowler and Hart are out as well.

    5) OU had a 19-yard loss on a bad snap that dropped their rush total.

    6) On nearly every play OU passed to guys in the middle who were wide open. McCarron is not Landry Jones, who I think is fragile mentally. Once Jones messes up he has problems. AJ puts it behind him and keeps going.

    7) Gholson is not as talented as Manziel, but he's no slouch. He's not yet a true double threat but he keeps his head about him.

    8) Bob Stoops is not very good at making adjustments. Ever notice if OU can't drill four TDs into you the first four possessions they look lost? Saban does not have that problem.

    9) ND defense is not as good as LSU last year but neither is Alabama except on O line.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

  12. #50
    BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    217

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Ok, I watched the Notre Dame-OU rebroadcast this morning. OU seems to be the game that "proves" what a great rush defense ND has. This is basically because OU had 7 yards rushing. Here's my take away from that:

    1) OU only ran the ball a total of 16 times. They - as most Big 12 teams - are pass first. I don't think it's a great example either way.

    2) In the Irish favor I could note that OU only had one possession in the third quarter. That's praise more for the ND offense, which ran the clock down with its run.

    3) OU's O-line is not Alabama's.

    4) OU had one decent RB who got virtually all the carries. Not the same as facing a 1-2 of Lacy and Yeldon. Good thing for ND that Fowler and Hart are out as well.

    5) OU had a 19-yard loss on a bad snap that dropped their rush total.

    6) On nearly every play OU passed to guys in the middle who were wide open. McCarron is not Landry Jones, who I think is fragile mentally. Once Jones messes up he has problems. AJ puts it behind him and keeps going.

    7) Gholson is not as talented as Manziel, but he's no slouch. He's not yet a true double threat but he keeps his head about him.

    8) Bob Stoops is not very good at making adjustments. Ever notice if OU can't drill four TDs into you the first four possessions they look lost? Saban does not have that problem.

    9) ND defense is not as good as LSU last year but neither is Alabama except on O line.
    From an ND fan who has watched every snap this season, I think that is a pretty good assessment. To #2, that is kind of what we try and do. We like to (except early in the game) have long drives over 5 minutes and move the chains. Control possession. That will be much more difficult against your D I believe, unless Golson continues to keep plays alive with his feet.

  13. #51
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    888

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    From an ND fan who has watched every snap this season, I think that is a pretty good assessment. To #2, that is kind of what we try and do. We like to (except early in the game) have long drives over 5 minutes and move the chains. Control possession. That will be much more difficult against your D I believe, unless Golson continues to keep plays alive with his feet.
    I gotta say, you've got your head screwed on pretty well for a fan of a team we're about to play in the NCG. While I tend to fall on the side of the Bama arguments, I think it's quite an accomplishment that you've been so even-keeled around here thus far. Unless I'm missing your "crazy fan" thread... Just wanted to express my appreciation, and hopefully I'll get to express my condolences in a month. ;-)

  14. #52
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Argo, AL, St Clair
    Posts
    3,102

    Re: A BCSCG statistical snippet: Why Notre Dame's Rushing Defense ranking is misleadi

    I think the Domers are good enough to keep the game within reach. Turnovers were a strength early in the season and now they are not, we don't create them and we are making them. If we flip that back around we win period.
    BS 1989

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!