Speaking of Clean Hits (Nebraska vs. Wisconsin)

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It seems like blocking and tackling have become the same technique to the defense in the open field. The Nebraska player would probably make the same hit on a ball carrier, and since blocking it's not about getting down to their waist, maybe this has helped high tackling evolve?

Here is a great example of a clean clocking.......... of Reggie Bush :)

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Both of the videos posted in this thread show some really GREAT football! Thanks to RedStar for the picture of the Wisc/Neb hit--totally legal hit--pretty awesome, too! The Reggie Bush one--any video showing him get clocked, legal or illegal is great. :)

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
Terry Bradshaw said back in the day, that maybe they should just put skirts on us (meaning the QB)...I think we are just about there...I think the hit was legal, and unfortunately we're gonna probably see more, not less of these calls...that's why its called tackle football...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I'll say this, although I don't mind the hit. Kinda like hockey, there is no need to leave the ground on a hit like that. I watched it twice and his feet weren't off the ground yet when hit the guy, but he did spring. I know it's football, but there will be more and more lines drawn as kids get faster, bigger, etc.

Tough deal....I see it both ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he launched himself at him...Grreat block, but in the curernt era, maybe not the best idea to launch yourself to make a block.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I don't have the advantage of slowmo on the iPhone but it looks to me like he got him around the armpit area - did not target the shoulder or head area. Good clean decleating block. This is football - not a game for babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
was called a penalty, and will be called a penalty...need to learn to play within the current rules set...or cost your team 15 yards a pop...

agree or disagree, it was a great hiot, but a bad play under the curent rules environment...because it cost his team a touchdown and wasnt necessary to spring the runner around the edge...

he saw an opportunity to 'decleat' the guy, and did it...
not a good football play with the rules in place.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
he launched himself at him...Grreat block, but in the curernt era, maybe not the best idea to launch yourself to make a block.
Where do you see him launching himself? Heck, I saw at least 5 Bama players launching every offensive play Saturday. The offensive line launched their bodies out of their stance towards the UGA defense. Guess that should be a 15 yard penalty. :rolleyes:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Where do you see him launching himself? Heck, I saw at least 5 Bama players launching every offensive play Saturday. The offensive line launched their bodies out of their stance towards the UGA defense. Guess that should be a 15 yard penalty. :rolleyes:
Methinks he doesn't know what launching means.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.