Speaking of Clean Hits (Nebraska vs. Wisconsin)

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
His feet don't come off the ground until after contact is made...initial contact is the armpit area. Go play kickball if a play like this disturbs you :)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
No wonder they got the crap beat out of them. If that was flagged, then they had to stop blocking and tackling from that point on.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Start the video at :30 sec and stop it at :32. Contact is above the shoulders and he launched. Illegal hit.
I've seen it. It's a good football hit. It fits the overly broad (and thus unconstitutional; j/k) definition of a defenseless playerHSV has given in another thread. If that hit is illegal, the sport we love becomes soccer matches with tiddly-winks and patti-cake.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Are you kidding me?
The act of RUNNING causes a player's feet to "leave the ground"
That should in no way be a criterion for a roughness penalty.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
It's football. It's beautiful!!
I don't think it was a dirty play, and it shouldn't have been flagged, but I think calling it beautiful is a little ridiculous. If you take too many shots like that in your life you won't remember your own name by the time that you're in your 50's.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I don't think it was a dirty play, and it shouldn't have been flagged, but I think calling it beautiful is a little ridiculous. If you take too many shots like that in your life you won't remember your own name by the time that you're in your 50's.
What are you talking about - I remember who I am, I'm Batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
It looked like a great block to me. Didn't leave his feet and lead with the head or anything like that. It was just a good clean hit. I got lit up like that one time back in high school. Running down on a punt, thought I had a shot and then blam, I'm on the ground wondering what hit me. It's football, and sometimes you get hit hard. Krymsonman

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Start the video at :30 sec and stop it at :32. Contact is above the shoulders and he launched. Illegal hit.
How did he "launch?" If following through his block classifies as "launching," then he did. Otherwise, he didn't. That was a beautiful block and should not have been flagged.

TideJunkie

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2011
Union Grove, AL (population 73)
Most players don't take a shot like that too many times. After the first a little light goes on in their head and makes them aware of their surroundings and they avoid getting their clock cleaned.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

The Nebraska player leads with his shoulder and makes initial contact between the armpit and chest area. There is nothing illegal about the play.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's just like all of heinz 57 sauce ward's hits in his NFL career: oh they are legal, unless you're the one on the other end of the hit. He will get his, just like ward got his.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.