Vogler's play in SECCG

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I went back and watched the replay of the game, and I was very impressed with Brian Vogler. When we two tights he really came through as a blocker. He landed multiple key blocks. It was the kind of performance that can get over looked, but I wanted to bring a little attention to it. He is a great example of a "process" player. He came in and did his job. He whipped the man in front of him and contributed. I loved seeing him get to contribute in a big way. A casual fan might have missed it, and I missed alot of it the first time watching. I appreciate what he brought to the table.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I've had high hopes for Vogler since he was recruited out of Brookstone in Columbus, GA (one of my many old hometowns). Yeah, it's nice to see him get battle stains on his uniform.

jdhogg

Scout Team
Sep 16, 2009
HOMEWOOD
Yes, Vogler had a huge game. there was one run (cant remember the specifics) on which he had two key blocks. Very big part of our running success against UGA. Hope he can contribute the same against ND

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I would Iike to see how Vogler does in the passing game. Williams seems to have a lot of talent but gets his legs tangled up a bit.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If we could just get a little involvement from the H-back in the passing game, it would be huge for our offense. I'm glad we finally showed some trust in that position and left them out there to seal the edge. I've liked our success blocking with 3+ WRs on the field but against teams like UGA and ND, we've got to be able to do it with the big guys (OL+TEs).

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I have had the pleasure of meeting BV. Great young man and I loved watching his blocking against Georgia. I mentioned to my wife his blocking was instrumental in our running game success but you will never see it in the stats. Keep it up, BV!
RTR!!!!

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Thanks and I will watch for him. I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet because I was working on Saturday. I got home for the very last play.

I plan on sitting down Saturday and watching it all.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Our TE's did a tremendous job of blocking in the SECCG. Vogler is coming along. Now, we just need to get him in the flat, like we did last year with Smelley.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
Yes, Vogler had a huge game. there was one run (cant remember the specifics) on which he had two key blocks. Very big part of our running success against UGA. Hope he can contribute the same against ND
yeah watched the game last night and saw the blocks. had the first guy pushed to the right then went another 3 yards and cleaned out the last guy that had a shot on lacy. i'll be honest...actually had to consult the roster for 84 after the blocks...was shocked at the size listed. 6'7"? big'un

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
He can be a pretty violent blocker at times. I remember in the Michigan game he got flagged for a hit pretty similar to what Dial did to Murray. I thought it was clean but AJ was pretty close to out of bounds and was passed the defender so maybe a little more on the unnecessary side.

He really stood out in this game. On the run where Lacy rammed into three people he pinned them as Lacy spun off of it and tore down the sideline. With Williams finally leaving hopefully BV can keep his game on the level it was last Saturday.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Kudos to Vogler. I noticed he had some big blocks also. I know he has some great hands and receiver abilities too. He reminds me of a Colin Peek TE. Maybe we'll use him as a surprise receiver in the next game or next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.